Anyone want to join me with having a 'dry' May?

Options

Replies

• SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nope but thanks for the invite.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Given the hangover I am trying to recover from, I'm in.
  • megcorey
    megcorey Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    poppatha wrote: »
    I am so up for this! Also because I am "that" drunk girl...so much alcohol rage >.<

Me to im in
  • mcbhele
    mcbhele Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • amyf2000
    amyf2000 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I want to be a part of this, too.
  • FauxFawkes
    FauxFawkes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in! It's awesome how many people are on board with this!
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I need it. The forums are killing me. :wink: Seriously, I could use a dry month - at least a couple of weeks.
  • keniaclimaco5
    keniaclimaco5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking on may 1st!!! I've become a hermit and don't go out in order to avoid drinking. I'm simply incapable of hanging out without having at least 1 glass of wine....So i just go to work and to the gym.
  • dawnrpurvis
    dawnrpurvis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How did everyone do over the weekend?

Me and my partner kept mentioning it all weekend, torturing ourselves. It's funny how you want what you've said you can't have!

I think yesterday was probably the worst so far, we had a delicious fillet steak for dinner, and as I opened the fridge to get bbq sauce for the wedges, the beer was definitely calling my name. Beer and Steak were meant to be together!

However I didn't go over my calories this week, and I think I can attribute that to no alcohol!
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I know this thread has been going for a while but I thought I would join in. I'm 6 weeks dry on Friday. Happy to continue until June 20, which is my birthday. Then the plan is to go dry again until December 3rd, husbands 30th birthday. After that I don't know...will re-evaluate when we get there :)

Good luck everyone
  • clairel1985
    clairel1985 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've done well, no booze all weekend and none since I started this. This weekend will be more of a challenge though. Hoping I can manage the month.
  • MissusSpags
    MissusSpags Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I did well...no drinking for a month for me! My family came to my house yesterday for Mother's Day and my sister was totally bummed that I didn't have my usual jug o' wine chilling in the fridge. My husband gave her pretty much every bottle of unopened wine we had in our cabinet (red wine that I never drank)...she was psyched!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Well, I totally forgot about this, but back on the wagon today!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    nope, i have lost over 120 pounds an i have drinks 3 out of Saturdays every month.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    But if it helps you attain your goal, all the more power to you.
  • dawnrpurvis
    Options
    Another weekend over, more temptation ignored. How did you all do? I see a few folk who added me as friends did a little wagon falling this week!

I was away on a mini trip to Scotland this weekend where we had left some beer at the cottage we rent for us when we next visited. I managed to ignore that, and also when we went to pick up our delicious sparkling strawberry wine for our wedding at the local winery I didn't have any of the offered samplers either, so I'm quite pleased with myself all told.
  • MissusSpags
    MissusSpags Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Still holding strong! :)
  • serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have totally failed this challenge this month, is it too late to start over?? Drank too much Jim Beam over the weekend, I could really use a break :s Weight loss has completely stalled, I know that abstaining from the booze would give me the boost I need!!!
  • dawnrpurvis
    Options
    I have totally failed this challenge this month, is it too late to start over?? Drank too much Jim Beam over the weekend, I could really use a break :s Weight loss has completely stalled, I know that abstaining from the booze would give me the boost I need!!!

It's never to late to start again, one day at a time!
  • clairel1985
    clairel1985 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I failed on Friday night but that was it. I knew Friday would be an issue.