fitbit

Hi my name is Sheila and I seem to be having a problem with my fitbit counting my steps on my page, it says it's downloaded and I see it on the screen it's just not sync and I did already put a new battery in the fitbit, I'm just at a loss :( can anyone help

Replies

• BC4Sheryl
    BC4Sheryl Posts: 13 Member
    You may not want to sink your Fitbit. Mine is synced and I noticed that it subtracts from you available food calories. Meaning, if your goal is to eat 1600 cal and you eat 1600 cal and move 10,000 steps, it will subtract calories from your target. So instead showing 0 calories left, or even the calories you earned for exercise, it shows you over ate by the # of calories you burned from you steps. It only does this on Fitbit steps. It add available calories to any other exercise.

I don't know how to fix it.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    BC4Sheryl wrote: »
    You may not want to sink your Fitbit. Mine is synced and I noticed that it subtracts from you available food calories. Meaning, if your goal is to eat 1600 cal and you eat 1600 cal and move 10,000 steps, it will subtract calories from your target. So instead showing 0 calories left, or even the calories you earned for exercise, it shows you over ate by the # of calories you burned from you steps. It only does this on Fitbit steps. It add available calories to any other exercise.

That's because it's not based on steps. If your Fitbit calorie burn is less than MFPs estimated total daily burn you lose calories (or get 0 adjustment if you turn off negative adjustments). You only get calories added if you are burning more calories than MFP expects. Simple break down:

0 or - = you haven't been as active as you told MFP you would be
    0 = can also mean you are meeting your MFP activity level
    + = you were more active than your MFP activity level

Sounds like you might have yours set a bit high.

To the OP, they are having issues with Fitbit Steps on MFP right now. Are your steps showing in the Fitbit app or on its Dashboard (website)?
  • sdavismoons
    sdavismoons Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you
  • sdavismoons
    sdavismoons Posts: 3 Member
    BC4Sheryl wrote: »

That's because it's not based on steps. If your Fitbit calorie burn is less than MFPs estimated total daily burn you lose calories (or get 0 adjustment if you turn off negative adjustments). You only get calories added if you are burning more calories than MFP expects. Simple break down:

0 or - = you haven't been as active as you told MFP you would be
    0 = can also mean you are meeting your MFP activity level
    + = you were more active than your MFP activity level

Sounds like you might have yours set a bit high.

To the OP, they are having issues with Fitbit Steps on MFP right now. Are your steps showing in the Fitbit app or on its Dashboard (website)?
    Thank you