arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Amyaya wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    OP, what kind of weight training are you doing with your trainer? With your stats, you could start working on your body comp if you do a good progressive lifting program.

Not following any specific program but for example on a leg day I do Leg press, squat with bar, leg extension and curl, walking lunges with dumbbells. At the end of every session with him I am out of breath or shaking.

I have just started getting into the real weight training so I am still a very beginner and my trainer has been showing me what to do.

More like .5 or .8 per pounds of body mass.

I think my goal is around 115, but honestly I eat at least 130 too. I just like the protein. But you don't really get extra credit for it.

My lean mass is 103bls at the moment. So maybe I should really only eating about 83g maximum??

How did you get your body fat tested? I go by body mass just because I can't really be sure of my BF%

My trainer did it all for me, that was about 7 weeks ago when I first started with him. He measured my body fat (those ones to pich yoru fat lol) and everything.

Ugh. Mine did that too. She told me I was 16% body fat when I weighed 163 pounds and was all fluff. LOL. Hopefully your guy was better at it.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    i eat 4200, what is your weight?

You serious... Omg so jealous!! Compared to my 2200-2600 kcal poverty diet :(
  • portugaline
    portugaline Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    krhn wrote: »

i was there mate i was there, is not pretty....

you want to lose weight?
  • Amyaya
    Amyaya Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    OP, what kind of weight training are you doing with your trainer? With your stats, you could start working on your body comp if you do a good progressive lifting program.

Not following any specific program but for example on a leg day I do Leg press, squat with bar, leg extension and curl, walking lunges with dumbbells. At the end of every session with him I am out of breath or shaking.

I have just started getting into the real weight training so I am still a very beginner and my trainer has been showing me what to do.

More like .5 or .8 per pounds of body mass.

I think my goal is around 115, but honestly I eat at least 130 too. I just like the protein. But you don't really get extra credit for it.

My lean mass is 103bls at the moment. So maybe I should really only eating about 83g maximum??

How did you get your body fat tested? I go by body mass just because I can't really be sure of my BF%

My trainer did it all for me, that was about 7 weeks ago when I first started with him. He measured my body fat (those ones to pich yoru fat lol) and everything.

Ugh. Mine did that too. She told me I was 16% body fat when I weighed 163 pounds and was all fluff. LOL. Hopefully your guy was better at it.

Oh but my body fat % was 21%!
  • Amyaya
    Options

133 :)

so you have about 45% your calories from protein. that gives you almost no space for any fat on your diet, what carbs you use?

Sorry I don't know what those mean lol but..
    I take about 120 - 130g of protein per day though. I was once advised I should be taking at least 1g per my body weight for an active person.

yes if you eat 130gr of protein day you are eating 520 calories from protein.

i would not set the calories lower than 1600, would have it for 1600 in the days you don't workout, and about 2100 in the workout days.

this will give you 1080 calories you can eat apart from your protein, you can now have about 200 gr of carbs and some fat, try to get carbs from complex carbs, some good fats.

the more muscle you gain the more calories you will be able to eat and stay lean over time.

In that 120 - 130g protein, 62g comes from the protein powder though. Should I be consuming all from food?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" tall and about 133lb Thank you!

Then why do you want to lose weight???
  • Amyaya
    edited May 2015
    Options

Not really trying to lose weight.. I should have put lose body fat :)
  • arditarose
    edited May 2015
    Options

Healthy weight for a 5'5" woman is 117-155, depending on frame. Why do you ask this question? I'm only an inch shorter than her and was not completely happy at 133 either.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

What is the difference? You are harming yourself here by losing more weight than you should.
  • portugaline
    Options

133 :)

so you have about 45% your calories from protein. that gives you almost no space for any fat on your diet, what carbs you use?

Sorry I don't know what those mean lol but..
    I take about 120 - 130g of protein per day though. I was once advised I should be taking at least 1g per my body weight for an active person.

yes if you eat 130gr of protein day you are eating 520 calories from protein.

i would not set the calories lower than 1600, would have it for 1600 in the days you don't workout, and about 2100 in the workout days.

this will give you 1080 calories you can eat apart from your protein, you can now have about 200 gr of carbs and some fat, try to get carbs from complex carbs, some good fats.

the more muscle you gain the more calories you will be able to eat and stay lean over time.

In that 120 - 130g protein, 62g comes from the protein powder though. Should I be consuming all from food?

from food is almost always better, and will keep you fuller, if you eat a chicken breast will make you fuller than a protein shake with water.

but you don't need to lower your protein, you are active for what you say, give your self the food you need to workout the best you can and your body repair them self from the workouts, if you keep it clean and healthy you will not gain fat from this.
  • krhn
    Options

you want to lose weight?

I'm not sure atm, my bf is floating around I would say 13-15% (hard to tell via eyes lol), my upper and lower are really low bf, just that dam lower belly pouch (a bit there)... Still unsure whether I should bulk up to pack on solid size or keep shredding down?
  • krhn
    Options

you want to lose weight?

I'm not sure atm, my bf is floating around I would say 13-15% (hard to tell via eyes lol), my upper and lower are really low bf, just that dam lower belly pouch (a bit there)... Still unsure whether I should bulk up to pack on solid size or keep shredding down?
  • Amyaya
    Options

What is the difference? You are harming yourself here by losing more weight than you should.

I would be happy to have more muscle mass and less body fat at the same body weight... So it is not really about weight but but how much body fat I have - because it makes it a big difference in looks when you are heavier but with leaner muscle and less fat and lighter with less muscle and more fat.
  • portugaline
    Options
    man i workout heavy 1 hour and do 30 minutes light cardio almost every day, i would not be able to do it with 2200 calories.

do you do cardio? if not why you don't do 30 minutes day and allow yourself to eat more and give your body more nutrients.
  • arditarose
    Options

I would be happy to have more muscle mass and less body fat at the same body weight... So it is not really about weight but but how much body fat I have - because it makes it a big difference in looks when you are heavier but with leaner muscle and less fat and lighter with less muscle and more fat.

So you want to recomp then. Eat at maintenance, or slightly under it for just a few weeks if you want to shave of a pound or two, and lift. Ask your trainer about, or look up programs like SL 5x5, New Rules of Lifting for Women, Starting Strength, Strong Curves.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    I net less than 1250 each day.
  • Amyaya
    Options

you want to lose weight?

Lower belly pouch...... I have big one there too ! So frustrating
  • Amyaya
    Options

So you want to recomp then. Eat at maintenance, or slightly under it for just a few weeks if you want to shave of a pound or two, and lift. Ask your trainer about, or look up programs like SL 5x5, New Rules of Lifting for Women, Starting Strength, Strong Curves.

Thank you for the advise :) I currently end up (even thought I thought 1200 was the ideal for me to lose body fat) eating 1500 - 1600 even 1700 a day so I should probably keep this way then.
    I cant get myself around weight lifting during the week though, I always end up doing a class instead. I agree one a week of serious weight lifting is not enough.
  • Amyaya
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I net less than 1250 each day.

I tried and I ended up eating more. I love food lol I find it so hard staying under 1300...
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    man i workout heavy 1 hour and do 30 minutes light cardio almost every day, i would not be able to do it with 2200 calories.

do you do cardio? if not why you don't do 30 minutes day and allow yourself to eat more and give your body more nutrients.

Far out, I have much higher BF than you, im around 78kg and atleast 20% bf maybe a bit less haven't done a dexa scan in a while

For me to loose weight i need to eat around 1800 per day and i do the following

Lift heavy, every second day for 40 min. Squat, Deads, bench, MP and BB curls.

Run 30 min Monday to Friday - Around 4-5km

Train muay thai 6 days a week for over a hour, Lots of sparring and clinch work too.

I have the energy for it, but its not easy some days

Really want to get down sub 10% bf, i can loose weight quite easy but hard to budge, BF. ive got down to 70kg in the past but no weights and cardio only. I looked crap

This time round heavy lifting and lots of protein, Looking more ripped already but along way to go yet.