Healthy dinner recipes under 500 cal?

Options
knottyhair
knottyhair Posts: 3 Member
I just would like to know some healthy dinner meals that are filling and under 500 cals. Thanks! :)

Replies

• VioletLemon
    VioletLemon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    our go to recipe is always a homeade crockpot chili or stew with no potatoes.
    We have a large family size crockpot and add
    1/2 lb ground chuck
    1 16oz package red kidney beans (soaked overnight)
    1 16 oz can organic crushed tomatoes (no sugar)
    1 16 oz can tomato sauce (no sugar)
    2 cloves garlic
    1/2 onion and 1/2 green pepper
    16 - 24 oz water
    homemade taco seasoning blend
    let cook all day on low and freeze leftovers
    1 1/2 C of this chili is only 430 cal and very filling! Top with a smidge of shredded cheese
  • VioletLemon
    VioletLemon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can even make a chicken chili with white beans and jalepeno peppers
    Or make a stew with a whole chicken, celery, parsnips, radishes, mushrooms- add sage, turmeric, onion powder and chicken broth and 1 1/2 C of this is only 368 cal
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Ham and bean soup
    Roasted chicken
    Beef stew
    Beef strognaff
    Anniversary chicken
    Breaded chicken strips
    Chili
    Chicken leg quarters
    Homemade chicken noodles
    Homemade beef noodles
    Roast depending on the serving size.
  • barb106
    barb106 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just made these the other night and they were so good! I used nonfat plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream, cooked the fish with half the oil, and only used 1 corn tortilla instead of doubling them up. We were stuffed for under 400 calories!

http://hostthetoast.com/blackened-fish-tacos-avocado-cilantro-sauce/
  • manda6666
    manda6666 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    barb106 wrote: »
    I just made these the other night and they were so good! I used nonfat plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream, cooked the fish with half the oil, and only used 1 corn tortilla instead of doubling them up. We were stuffed for under 400 calories!

http://hostthetoast.com/blackened-fish-tacos-avocado-cilantro-sauce/

@barb106 - That's so funny, I found this recipe a couple of weeks ago as well! We have been trying to incorporate more fish into our diets and this was a yummy way to do it. I also used Greek yogurt, 1 tortilla and used half the oil. The tacos were delicious and filling. The sauce was nice and spicy and the slaw added a nice crunch - my husband has already asked me to make them again.

• corriebenedict
    corriebenedict Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm going to cook the fish on my George Foreman and make this for dinner tonight. Thanks ladies.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com tons of recipes. tons. all sorts from stir fries to latin inspired to comfort food. slow cooker, grilled, baked, pan seared, all sorts of cooking techniques used. should be easy to find something you like!
  • knottyhair
    knottyhair Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!