What's wrong with me?!

Options
Hi all :)
My first post on here, I'm more of a lurker but I needed your fine peoples advice!

All of a sudden workout routines I can complete normally I'm struggling to do so the past few days. For example I usually do a 15 min kettlebell workout - mon, tues, wed, fri & sat. And have a break Thursday and Sundays and that's been fine for a good few weeks, I also always complete the workout but today I just couldn't my body wasn't having it!

I have a lot on my mind (a man :/ ) could me feeling down be affecting my ability to exercise?

Replies

• Chazsteers
    Chazsteers Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The way you feel mentally can definatley make an impact on your workouts, there's a few articles on the internet this link may help to explain why.
    http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2014/11/07/10-ways-stress-affects-workouts.aspx

Maybe try out a new workout the change may keep your mind focused on the new exercise and off the others things that are playing on your mind. :)
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    eat a bit more maybe? You need to fuel your body for those workouts.
  • TheNewMeUK
    TheNewMeUK Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Chazsteers wrote: »
    The way you feel mentally can definatley make an impact on your workouts, there's a few articles on the internet this link may help to explain why.
    http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2014/11/07/10-ways-stress-affects-workouts.aspx

Maybe try out a new workout the change may keep your mind focused on the new exercise and off the others things that are playing on your mind. :)
    thank you sooo much! I'll check it out, I thought perhaps my state of mind was causing the problem, maybe you're right :)

• TheNewMeUK
    Options
    eat a bit more maybe? You need to fuel your body for those workouts.
    again good advice, I am a little silly when it comes to eating breakfast, so tend to always workout first and eat breakfast after, not a great idea I guess...

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    TheNewMeUK wrote: »
    My first post on here, I'm more of a lurker but I needed your fine peoples advice!

All of a sudden workout routines I can complete normally I'm struggling to do so the past few days. For example I usually do a 15 min kettlebell workout - mon, tues, wed, fri & sat. And have a break Thursday and Sundays and that's been fine for a good few weeks, I also always complete the workout but today I just couldn't my body wasn't having it!

I have a lot on my mind (a man :/ ) could me feeling down be affecting my ability to exercise?

Are you eating enough? A lot of people on this site seem to think they can push their bodies and then not eat back the calories (I’ll lose weight faster). The end result, fatigue, hormone issues, and crash. They quit working out, give up on their eating and gain the weight back. Eat back your exercise calories.

Also, if you’re doing the same program five days of a week, you’re not giving your muscles time to recover from the work. Skip at least one day between sessions so you can reach a level of recovery before you hit it again.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Your menstrual cycle also can affect your strength. There's often a dip right after ovulation and then fatigue right before menstruation. Either one can make a regular workout more difficult than usual.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I think it is more of the doing same things with only two day rest every week more than the man issue. You got to rest.
  • Whiskeytub
    Whiskeytub Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You may be overtraining. Try giving yourself a few days off and see if the energy comes back.
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I always workout before breakfast. It just works out better that way for me.

I also just have days where the workouts are really tough. The next day it might be better. Sometimes we need to listen to our bodies and rest and some days I can't attribute the funk to anything specific. It usually just gets better if I give it a little time. Good luck!!
  • TheNewMeUK
    Options
    TheNewMeUK wrote: »

Are you eating enough? A lot of people on this site seem to think they can push their bodies and then not eat back the calories (I’ll lose weight faster). The end result, fatigue, hormone issues, and crash. They quit working out, give up on their eating and gain the weight back. Eat back your exercise calories.

Also, if you’re doing the same program five days of a week, you’re not giving your muscles time to recover from the work. Skip at least one day between sessions so you can reach a level of recovery before you hit it again.
    eeek I never eat back my exercise calories, I tend to just stick to 1500 a day wether I have exercised or not. Maybe I am crashing?

• TheNewMeUK
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Your menstrual cycle also can affect your strength. There's often a dip right after ovulation and then fatigue right before menstruation. Either one can make a regular workout more difficult than usual.
    I am just coming off my period so maybe that could be contributing! Gosh so many factors can affect your endurance!
  • TheNewMeUK
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    I think it is more of the doing same things with only two day rest every week more than the man issue. You got to rest.
    Yeah, perhaps every other day would be better!
  • TheNewMeUK
    Options
    Whiskeytub wrote: »
    You may be overtraining. Try giving yourself a few days off and see if the energy comes back.
    yeah I think I'll have the weekend off and begin again Monday :)

• TheNewMeUK
    Options
    I always workout before breakfast. It just works out better that way for me.

I also just have days where the workouts are really tough. The next day it might be better. Sometimes we need to listen to our bodies and rest and some days I can attribute the funk to anything specific. It usually just gets better if I give it a little time. Good luck!!
    I'm not the only one then haha! I too like to eat breakfast after working out it just feels better to me somehow!