Yoga

I am looking for some MFP friends who also practice yoga. Power vinyasa yoga is my primary form of exercise and I really love this full body cardiovascular form of exercise! friend me if you love yoga too!

Replies

• diemos9
    diemos9 Posts: 54 Member
    ❤️ yoga. Everyday after workout
  • ngrcooper
    ngrcooper Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, Ashtanga practitioner (& occasional teacher).
  • JenileeFinley
    JenileeFinley Posts: 15 Member
    I love vinyasa flow. I have been taking a class in a heated (but not bikr hot) room. I love how I feel after. Cardio and strength and serenity!
  • JenileeFinley
    JenileeFinley Posts: 15 Member
    I love vinyasa flow. I have been taking a class in a heated (but not bikr hot) room. I love how I feel after. Cardio and strength and serenity!

Bikr = bikram. Sorry for typo.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    There's a group of yoga fans here on MFP, open to all:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1484-generic-yoga-group

I practice Iyengar yoga.
  • apennock
    apennock Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2015
    Love yoga! I'm generally a pretty anxious person and yoga helps me unwind and appreciate myself and my life as it is. My muscles and joints appreciate it too - especially my hip flexors! I run (well, plod) and have chronic low back pain so loosening that particular joint has been very helpful.

Yay yoga!
  • aaballi
    aaballi Posts: 2 Member
    I love hot yoga!
  • glyphhen
    glyphhen Posts: 16 Member
    Love yoga. Big fan of the fact that I can touch my toes now.
  • drummell
    drummell Posts: 8 Member
    I've been thinking of taking a class or finding a DVD to try. Tried it many years ago and loved it
  • heathervazquez75
    heathervazquez75 Posts: 33 Member
    Does yoga help you in other areas? For instance do you find that when you practice yoga you no longer stress eat?
  • Nakeshia88
    Nakeshia88 Posts: 119 Member
    I'm currently doing a 30 day yoga 'challenge' (it's not really a challenge because I love it) in order to build a home practice, using the Yoga With Adrienne videos on YouTube.

Eventually I'd like to become a qualified yoga teacher, still a LONG way to go though! I mainly practice Hatha and Vinyasa, at the moment I'd say I'm at beginner/intermediate level after 5 years on/off practice. On day 15 in a row at the moment.

Feel free to add me as a friend :-)