Replies

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    First converstion with my trainer about diet:

Me: "I am not giving up beer?"
    Trainer "You don't have to unless it becomes a problem"
    Me "OK"
    we discuss a couple of other things
    Trainer "How much beer are we talking about? Do you drink a 12 pack a night or something?"
    Me "No, mostly just on weekends"
    Trainer "OK good, I just wanted to make sure you shouldn't be signing up with AA instead of me"
  • syrenbaran
    syrenbaran Posts: 4 Member
    Work. Train. Beer garden. B)
    19_still_masskrug_397_medium.jpg
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,484 Member
    I love craft beer. In fact, tomorrow I'll be entering my first 5k and the one thing that convinced me to enter is that it's sponsored by a brewery. It starts and ends at the brewery and after you finish, you get a pint of beer and a souvenir mug. They also have a live bands for entertainment and food trucks for eats. They also don't time the race, since it's not really a race...just a beer run...or walk.

I typically will have at least one beer (or red wine, or G&T, or shot of single malt scotch) every night unless my step count is too low. When I have a really high step count I prefer to drink back my calories rather than eat them back so I don't have that extra food weighing me down.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Also, my husband homebrews hard cider. It is GOOD. Using brown sugar, some orange blossom honey, and cinnamon, ginger, and cloves makes a lovely spicy mix.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    ::raises hand:: ME! I like some Mexican beers (Corona Light), some German beers (most hefeweizens), and a random assortment of others (guiness, tank 7, blue moon). I also like rum and cokes.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Haha yea just a bit. I homebrew, work at a beer store and am working on starting a brewpub. I have a full cellar, a fridge full of beer, and two kegs in a kegerator. And I keep buying more. I'm a beer hoarder.

Try to limit myself to one a day, and bank calories for days when I have more. Also not above skimping on meals to fit more beers into my calorie limits.

Last time I lost a bunch of weight I cut back on beer a lot and my tolerance dropped way down. Working in beer, I don't want that to happen again so I'm keeping up with my drinking and the rest of my life while trying to get healthier overall.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    I love beer...and rum, and cognac, and whiskey. In fact I'm hosting a rum tasting tomorrow night, my first one, should be interesting.
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    I love beer. Lost ~40lbs while still drinking it too. =D Myself, some cousins, and my uncle also brew at home/frequent beer festivals/events. I'm a runner and have never ran in an actual race (unless you count my years in cross county when I was in school) but I'd like to start doing some 5ks and then maybe one day work my way up to a marathon --- and there's a Beer Run 5K in my city in like a month....just run around the city and stop at different points to grab a beer --- sound like a great time, although the hangover would be terrible.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    I worked 4 vodkas in to my calorie allowance yesterday :)

Vodka sodas are where it's at ...I'll drink beer if it's the only available alcohol, but only then.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I love craft beer. In fact, tomorrow I'll be entering my first 5k and the one thing that convinced me to enter is that it's sponsored by a brewery. It starts and ends at the brewery and after you finish, you get a pint of beer and a souvenir mug. They also have a live bands for entertainment and food trucks for eats. They also don't time the race, since it's not really a race...just a beer run...or walk.

I typically will have at least one beer (or red wine, or G&T, or shot of single malt scotch) every night unless my step count is too low. When I have a really high step count I prefer to drink back my calories rather than eat them back so I don't have that extra food weighing me down.

I love this.
  • Stacyandsilas
    Stacyandsilas Posts: 14 Member
    I loooooove beer! It's my downfall of losing weight. Here in the Pacific Northwest, we have tons of locally brewed delicious beer and I love it.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    I love beer, wine and pretty much most alcohol. :p
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    I love all kinds of beer, but I'm a huge fan of IPAs, and really, super love extremely hoppy brews. I've had to cut back on my beer though in favor of a 90-100 calorie rum/diet coke.

Sadness.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    It's Craft Beer Week here so the living is easy.

Just picked up two bottles of this yesterday, one for now and one to age. Now I need to clear out about 450 kcal sometime this weekend to make room:
    IzfNRsO.png
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited May 2015
    I love beer too! Any kind, light, dark, amber, I love it all. Looking forward to a cold one (or three) this afternoon! :wink:
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited May 2015
    Three things I will eternally refuse to compromise on:

1. Coffee
    2. Scotch
    3. Craft Beer

I'd rather die early than live a life without them.

(and ice cream)

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Daisy253 wrote: »
    Not beer but RUM.... Love it!!!
    Love BOTH!

• mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Homebrewing beer snob checking in
  • rgrady33
    rgrady33 Posts: 48 Member
    LOVE beer. Guinness is my go-to because it is low in calories. I love hoppy IPAs, but the calories are usually too much to have more than one. Session IPAs give the best of both: low in calories and hoppy!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    been there... prefer Red Wine... Beer...I can go years without... Wine??? I have to open a bottle at least once a month