Help!!!!

Options
4lbs down in a month. Consuming about 1200 calories a day with daily moderate activity. I'm 5'7" weighing in at 176. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Good job, keep going?
  • maggiejpeters
    maggiejpeters Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Where are the calories coming from that you are eating? How much sugar/carbs versus fats?

-Maggie
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    What help do you need? You seem to be doing fine. Are you unhappy with it?
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    There's a problem right there - "about 1200" cals? Are you weighing everything on a food scale? Are you measuring liquids accurately? Unless you are, you have NO IDEA how many calories you are eating.

How are you monitoring your exercise calorie burn?

Weight loss is all about CICO - calories in vs calories out.

If you eat less than you burn you will lose weight. The greater the deficit, the faster you will lose. You shouldn't, however, eat a net of less than 1200 for health reasons.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    It's slow yes, but you're going down so good for you! I wouldn't think you have too much to lose either, with the stats you posted, so it's going to be on the slower side. But if you want a bit more, as suggested track your food more carefully. You're likely eating more than you think.
  • 1977vmarie
    1977vmarie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Where are the calories coming from that you are eating? How much sugar/carbs versus fats?

-Maggie

Maggie it looks like I'm going over in carbs. I shouldn't go over 50%...Im doing anywhere from 41% to 68%.
  • 1977vmarie
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    What help do you need? You seem to be doing fine. Are you unhappy with it?

I figured I would see my weight drop more than 4lbs in a month.
  • 1977vmarie
    Options
    snoringcat wrote: »
    There's a problem right there - "about 1200" cals? Are you weighing everything on a food scale? Are you measuring liquids accurately? Unless you are, you have NO IDEA how many calories you are eating.

How are you monitoring your exercise calorie burn?

Weight loss is all about CICO - calories in vs calories out.

If you eat less than you burn you will lose weight. The greater the deficit, the faster you will lose. You shouldn't, however, eat a net of less than 1200 for health reasons.

Yeah, I have to get me a food scale. As for monitoring cal's burned, Im going off of the My Fitness Pal examples.
  • 1977vmarie
    Options
    1shauna1 wrote: »
    It's slow yes, but you're going down so good for you! I wouldn't think you have too much to lose either, with the stats you posted, so it's going to be on the slower side. But if you want a bit more, as suggested track your food more carefully. You're likely eating more than you think.

I think your right, going to invest in a food scale, and just be patient.
  • lukiace
    lukiace Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing great. I would be happy with 4 lbs. in a month because it is 4 lbs. closer to the goal. Keep your chin up. You are doing laps around everyone still on the couch.
  • 1977vmarie
    Options
    lukiace wrote: »
    I think you are doing great. I would be happy with 4 lbs. in a month because it is 4 lbs. closer to the goal. Keep your chin up. You are doing laps around everyone still on the couch.

Lol thats an awesome way of looking at it