Who wants soup? Pictures, ingredients, directions, and calories included!

Options
Childfree1991
Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
edited May 2015 in Recipes
Here's a list of personal soup, stew, and chili slow-cooker recipes I've made over time and saved. They're all my personal recipes (except for the split-pea soup) and they are all healthy along with being under 300 calories per serving (one of them being over). Here's the photos, ingredients, directions, and calories per serving. Enjoy!

Potato Soup
[makes 6 servings] 296 calories per serving (add 25 more calories if including a tablespoon of bacon bits to your serving)
64phr7.jpg

Ingredients:
6.00 potato medium (2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia), Potatoes - Russet, flesh and skin, baked
2.00 cup, chopped, Carrots - Raw
1.00 onion (medium), Onion White - Medium
4.00 stocks, 2 Medium Celery Sticks
4.00 cloves, Garlic Cloves
0.25 cup, Parsley - Raw
2.00 tbsp, Spices - Pepper, white
0.50 cup, Cream - Half and half
0.25 cup, Sharp Cheddar cheese
3.00 cup (240ml), Chicken Broth Low Sodium 32 oz
1.00 tablespoon, Oil - Olive
1.00 tbsp, Butter - Unsalted

Directions:
Chop up the onions, carrots, garlic, and celery. Oil and butter a large pot (to prevent burn) and toss them in, then heat on medium. While the vegetables are cooking, dice the potatoes then toss them in the pot as well and let them cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally then add the pepper. Stir some more. Next add the chicken broth then bring it to a boil and let it cook for 10 minutes. Now, scoop most of the vegetable and potato chunks into a food processor. Blend then pour back into the soup. Add 1/2 of Half and Half. Keep stirring (make sure your soup is on low heat now instead of medium). Next add the seasonings then turn heat off. Lastly, add the shredded cheese. Top it off with bacon bits (IF using).

Rainbow Chili
[makes 6 servings] 284 calories per serving -WARNING: VERY SPICY-
2rge0bo.jpg

Ingredients:
3.00 cup, Hunts Tomato Sauce Low Sodium
8.00 oz, Lean Ground Turkey
1.00 container (1 4/5 cups ea.), Diced Tomatoes Low Sodium
1.00 container (1 4/5 cup (130 g) ea.), Canned Black Beans (Reduced Sodium)
1.00 container (1 4/5 cups ea.), Dark Red, Low Sodium, Canned
1.00 cup, chopped, Carrots - Raw
0.50 cup(s), Chopped Yellow Onion
0.50 cup chopped (149 g), Peppers, Red
0.50 Large Pepper (186 g), Bell Pepper Yellow
2.00 oz(s), Thai Chili Pepper
1.00 cup, pieces or slices, Mushrooms - Raw
0.25 cup, Parsley - Raw
3.00 cloves, Garlic - Raw
9.00 tsp (5g), Pepper Sauce (12oz)
1.00 tsp(s), Black Pepper (Ground)
0.25 cup, Canned tomato paste, Low Sodium
0.25 cup (8 fl oz), Water - Municipal
3.00 tsp. (1g), Chipotle Chile Seasoning

Directions:
Pour the tomato sauce in a crockpot and turn on high heat. Cook ground turkey on the side then add to crockpot. Next, add diced tomatoes and canned beans. Chop up the vegetables then add them in as well. Stir and add water and tomato paste followed by seasonings, including pepper sauce. Stir again and close lid while cooking on high heat for 5 hours. Stir every hour or two. After 5 hours, turn heat off and let cool.

Chicken Noodle Soup
[makes 3 servings] 257 calories per serving
11j155h.jpg

Ingredients:
4.00 Oz., Egg Noodles, Broad
0.75 cup, chopped, Carrots - Raw
0.75 cup chopped, Celery - Raw
8.00 oz, Boneless Skinless Breasts
0.50 cup, Raw, Chopped
2.00 cup (240ml), Chicken Broth Low Sodium 32 oz
1.00 Tbsp., Parsley Flakes
1.00 tbsp(s), Italian Seasoning
1.00 tsp, ground, Spices - Oregano, dried
1.00 tsp, Black Pepper (Ground)

Directions:
Pour chicken broth in a medium pot and turn to high heat. Chop up vegetables and chicken breasts then add to the pot. Stir well. Once the soup reaches a boil, lower the heat. Fill a separate pot with water and bring to a boil, then cook the egg noodles. Once noodles are cooked, drain then add to the soup in the other pot. Add the seasonings next then stir and cover with a lid while cooking on medium heat. Cook for around 25-30 minutes then turn heat off and let cool.

Cabbage Soup
[makes 5 servings] 215 calories per serving -If you're blocked up, THIS will definitely get you "going" again lol-
so2350.jpg

Ingredients:
1.00 head, medium (about 5-3/4" dia), Cabbage - Raw
10.00 oz, Boneless Skinless Breasts
70.00 g (1/4 cup dry), Red Lentils
1.00 tbsp(s), Black Pepper (Ground)
5.00 cup (240ml), Chicken Broth Low Sodium 32 oz
0.25 cup, Barley - Pearled, raw

Directions:
Pour chicken broth in crockpot and turn to low heat. Chop up cabbage and chicken breasts into small chunks, then add to to crockpot. Next, add the lentils, barley, and seasonings. Stir well and cover. Let cook for 6 hours while stirring every couple hours. After 6 hours, turn off heat and let cool.

Split Pea Soup
[makes 6 servings] 209 calories per serving without toppings -NOT my personal recipe, though I added and changed a couple things-
1j5cwn.jpg

Ingredients:
1.00 container (2 1/2 cup dries ea.), Dried Green Split Peas
1.00 cup, chopped, Onions - Raw
1.00 medium, Carrots - Raw
1.00 tsp, Garlic - Raw
3.00 cup (8 fl oz), Water - Municipal
1.00 tbsp(s), Black Pepper (Ground)
1.00 tbsp (7.1g or 0.3 oz), White Pepper
1.00 tsp, Perfect Pinch Italian Salt Free Seasoning

Directions:
Sort and rinse peas. In a large pot, combine the chicken broth, split peas, and water, then bring to a boil. In a separate pan, steam chopped vegetables on high heat until tender then puree' them in a food processor and set aside or pour back into the pan (if you're only using one food processor). Reduce heat on the large pot, cover and simmer until peas are tender then puree' the cooked split peas and pour back into large pot. Add the other puree from the pan and stir. Add seasonings (and more hot water if needed). Stir again and turn off heat. Top with croutons and/or ham, if desired.

Vegetarian Chili
[makes 5 servings] 334 calories per serving -The only one on my list that is over 300 calories per serving-
ekqdfk.jpg

Ingredients:
1.00 container (342 g (1/2 cup) ea.), Meatless Ground Crumbles
1.80 cup, Black Beans-Low Sodium
1.80 cup, Dark Red, Low Sodium, Canned
160.00 g (1 cup), White Onion, Raw, Diced
2.00 cup, pieces or slices, Mushrooms - Raw
6.00 oz, Tomato Paste- Can
1.00 cup (8 fl oz), Water - Municipal
1.00 cup, Chopped Tomatoes - 1 Cup
1.00 tbsp(s), Minced Garlic
2.00 cup(s), Hunts Tomato Sauce Low Sodium

Directions:
Turn crock pot on low heat. Pour tomato sauce in the pot followed by chopped onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Next, add the beans (rinse well!) Stir for a few minutes then add water, tomato paste, chopped (or diced) tomatoes, and hot sauce (if using). Stir again then add the frozen Boca crumbles. Stir one more time then close the lid and keep the heat on low. Let cook for 5 hours and check to stir every hour. When it is almost finished, add salt and pepper. After 5 hours, turn heat off.

Summer Squash Soup
[makes 3 servings] 272 calories per serving
30j0mk0.jpg

Ingredients:
10.00 oz, Boneless Skinless Breasts
1.00 cup, chopped, Carrots - Raw
0.50 cup chopped, Celery - Raw
1.00 Cup, Yellow Onion
1.00 cup, Rice - Brown, medium-grain, cooked
2.00 cup (8 fl oz), Water - Municipal
1.00 tbsp(s), Garlic - Raw
2.00 cup (57g), Squash, Yellow Summer
1.00 tsp, Black Pepper (Ground)
1.00 tsp, Perfect Pinch Italian Salt Free Seasoning
1.00 cup (240ml), Chicken Broth Low Sodium 32 oz

Directions:
Fill a crockpot with chicken broth and water then turn on high heat. Next, chop the vegetables and chicken then add to crockpot. In a separate pot cook the rice and then add to crockpot. Stir and add seasonings next then close the lid. Cook on high heat for 4 hours. Stir every hour. After 4 hours, turn off heat and let cool.

Chicken and Black Bean Stew
[makes 3 servings] 275 calories per serving
14bjms6.jpg

Ingredients:
4.00 cup, Soup - Chicken broth, low sodium, canned
4.00 stocks, 2 Medium Celery Sticks
1.00 cup (128g), Carrot (Raw, Chopped)
1.00 cup, Black Beans-Low Sodium
0.50 large (150 g.), White Onion, Chopped
0.25 cup, Parsley - Raw
1.00 tsp(s), Black Pepper (Ground)
1.00 tbsp(s), Spices - Oregano, dried
2.00 tsp, Italian Seasoning
10.00 oz, Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless

Directions:
Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a crock pot then slightly lower heat (medium high). First add the chopped uncooked chicken breasts so they will give the stew more flavor as they cook. Next add the chopped vegetables and beans, then stir. Lastly add the seasonings and stir again very thoroughly. Turn the heat on low (simmer) and cover crock pot with lid. Let cook for approximately 3 hours. Turn off heat and let sit for about 30-45 minutes.

Clam Chowder
[makes 6 servings] 298 calories per serving
2ngfktw.jpg

Ingredients:
2.00 container (7 oz. ea.), Chopped Clams In Clam Juice
5.00 potato medium (2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia), Potatoes - Russet, flesh and skin, baked
1.00 cup, Cream - Half and half
0.25 cup, Parsley - Raw
2.00 tbsp, Spices - Pepper, white
0.50 cup, chopped, Carrots - Raw
0.50 large (150 g.), White Onion, Chopped
0.50 cup (8 fl oz), Water - Municipal
1.00 tablespoon, Oil - Olive
1.00 tbsp, Butter - Unsalted
2.00 tbsp(s), White All-Purpose White Flour
2.00 tbsp, Milk - Whole, 3.25%

Directions:
Chop up the onions, carrots, and garlic. Oil and butter a large pot (to prevent burn) and toss them in, then heat on medium. While the vegetables are cooking, dice the potatoes then toss them in the pot as well and let them cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally then add the pepper. Stir some more. Next add the chicken broth then bring it to a boil and let it cook for 10 minutes. Now, scoop most of the vegetable and potato chunks into a food processor. Blend then pour back into the soup and turn to low heat. Add Half and Half along with chopped clams. Keep stirring. In a small separate bowl or cup, add the milk flour and stir well then add to the soup for thickener. Stir very well. Lastly, add seasonings and turn heat off then let cool.

Enjoy! If you want to add salt to these recipes, go ahead. I generally don't use salt because these recipes already have sodium (natural and added from other ingredients).

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    YUMMY! Thank you!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • elucke
    elucke Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are my kind of cook! Thank you for a post that was a labor of love.
  • Marianna05
    Marianna05 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    thank you! they all look amazing!!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    These look yummy, thanks for sharing!
  • Childfree1991
    Options
    You're welcome, guys! I love sharing my recipes. The cabbage soup is most likely the healthiest one on this list.
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Bump...what yummy soups ~ thanks for posting!
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I have some of my dad's recipes I could send you if you want to make more. Love your soups btw.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes! I make a good pea soup but it's nice to learn how to make something else now and then.
  • kellymarie0912
    kellymarie0912 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thank you do you how do i measure the servings?
  • phard53
    phard53 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks much! They all sound good.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I am soooo a soup person. Thanks for posting these!
  • Childfree1991
    edited May 2015
    Options
    thank you do you how do i measure the servings?
    I use small bowls or regular sized mugs and fill it. The serving size is around 1.5 cups (hard to be exact because of the veggies, water, etc, which sometimes take up more space than not.)