Body Beast on a calorie defecit...

Options
Has anyone on here done Body Beast on a calorie defecit? I am aware that body beast is a program designed to build muscle, so should eat at a surplus... but just wondered what results would be like if in a defecit?... anyone got any pics? or measurements etc? I keep reading that weight training is much better for fat loss than cardio, so i planning to do this for the next 5 months in the hope it sheds some weight

Replies

• JHarasek527
    JHarasek527 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am in my last week of the body beast program. I have been doing on about 1500-2000 calories depending on the day. While I believe I got more shredded I didn't end up losing any weight. I included a before and after pic. s9034xauadyg.jpg
    qymgcho20qpr.jpg
  • michproca
    michproca Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great job! Was this one time through or a few cycles? I just started my second week.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Haven't done Body Beast myself but what you would be doing is basically be a cut. You will maximize muscle retention while burning fat.
  • JHarasek527
    JHarasek527 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    michproca wrote: »
    You look awesome! Great job! Was this one time through or a few cycles? I just started my second week.

Thanks! This was just one time through the program. 90 days. I'm trying to do P90X3 now with my wife. But I plan on doing another round of Body Beast afterwards.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yea I am doing it on a deficit. I am using the program mostly to retain my current muscle mass and keep up my strength while I cut the pounds. I'm about 13-14 lbs away from my goal weight and then I will go through the program using the proper eating plan. I am doing a Body Beast/Insanity hybrid because I find the cardio in Beast just straight up sucks. Prior to starting Beast I was in a very heavy cardio routine and my weight loss had plateaud for months. Once I started lifting heavy the pounds starting falling off. So I am a true believer now in the weights > cardio for weight loss strategy. I currently do Beast 4 days a week and Insanity twice and I find it's the best balance for me. Once I hit goal weight I will go full on Beast though and follow the program completely.

JHarasek527 you look great man. I can really tell the improvements you made. You and I have similar builds. Keep up the good work :)