Hunger

Options
Lately I have been so darn hungry and craving. What are some go to foods that you can eat more of for less cals. I have ate vegies, but sometimes that just does not cut the cravings.

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Try almonds. Not low cal, so just have a small handful or measure one serving. But they are filling, have good fats and anti-oxidents and help with sugar crvings.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Protein rich snacks might help, hard boiled eggs, cheese, greek yogurt are all things that help me.
  • try4better128
    try4better128 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    How about a small amount of the actual craving that you have?
  • kristigibsonzeski
    kristigibsonzeski Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ugh Dawn I want stuff that taste good...like cake, cookies and chocolate....lol....last night I had a cucumber I wonder how that would taste dipped in chocolate!
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn. With butter spray and popcorn seasoning. Like 100 cals for a big bowl (30 g), really high fiber.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I suck boiled sweets. Favourites at the moment are cough candy or murray mints. Alpen light bars or muller lights are good too. sweet fruits like dates or prunes too :)
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Walmart carries a chocolate caramel popcorn seasoning. It's pretty good if you don't want a savory snack. And chocolate and popcorn is a winning combination in my book.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I find that eating enough protein really helps
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Ugh Dawn I want stuff that taste good...like cake, cookies and chocolate....lol....last night I had a cucumber I wonder how that would taste dipped in chocolate!

I actually think chocolate covered cucumbers sound good- :)

• afatakedavra
    afatakedavra Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you crave ice cream like I do...

Arctic Zero Frozen Desserts. They are kind of bland, but, no artificial sweeteners, all natural, lactose free, gluten free, and only 150 calories per pint! Eat the whole thing if you just can't kick the craving! I highly recommend adding a TBSP of peanut butter (or whatever tickles your fancy, I guess), it's amazing. The Cookie Dough Chunk flavor is 300 calories per pint, but it's got real cookie dough chunks in it, and is by far, the best tasting flavor they have.

Also, frozen banana slices are a good frozen treat. Again, amazing with peanut butter. Add a touch of cinnamon or cocoa powder or honey, etc, if you want it sweeter. I 've been adding a couple TBS of chocolate protein powder to mine. It's, hands down, my new favorite snack.

And Pork Rhinds. They satisfy my crunchy carb cravings, but have no carbs, and are actually relatively healthy (just watch for sodium).
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Vegetable broth or hot tea.
  • mch2829
    mch2829 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Do you like cabbage? It's super low in calories. A whole head of cabbage is like 200-300 calories which is way more than a normal person could eat.

Tyson grilled chicken is about 110 calories per breast, so you can make a 200-250 calorie sandwich which is pretty filling because of the protein.

Baked potatoes are another good choice. They range from about 100-250 calories depending on the size of the potato. Most people can't eat more than one or two without being full. Just be careful with butter or any toppings you use. I like them plain or with a little bbq sauce.
  • kristigibsonzeski
    Options
    i do like to eat chicken when I need to add protein....and it is so low in cals. for mean. I like the air popcorn idea with the choc. caramel seasoning...I will have to give that one a try. I also like the frozen banana idea....thanks everyone for some new ideas!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Jerky. It's tasty, it's chewy, and it's pure protein. And it doesn't make me hungry after I eat it.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry all the time, maybe your calorie deficit is too aggressive?

What are your stats and what's your calorie goal set to?
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit is a good one, hot tea in nice flavors like chai or caramel, sugarfree gum or carrot chips with hummus are my go-to craving-busters.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. What worked for me was finding meals that keep me full. Everyone says protein, protein, but I found that what works for me is a big pancake breakfast with eggs, bacon, and an apple. When I have that for breakfast, I don't get crazy cravings and can stick to plan for the rest of the day.
  • kristigibsonzeski
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    If you're hungry all the time, maybe your calorie deficit is too aggressive?

What are your stats and what's your calorie goal set to?

I eat about 1200 cals a day give or take...I had lapband done on Dec. 4 and I am having a hard time adding cals. when in fact I probably should be eating 1500 or so....I work out 6 days a week burning anywhere from 500 to 800 cals.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

For a sweet craving, especially chocolate, my hubby & I have been having Kelloggs Mini Wheats Chocolate Little Bites. Good chocolate flavor and the fiber fills you way up.