eating out......fast food restaurant

Options

Replies

• Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    kikichewie wrote: »
    The last thing I'm going to order at a fast food place is a salad. I like good salads. And most fast food salads suck, aren't filling, and still manage to have a crapload of calories that just aren't worth it. I'd rather have a double cheeseburger and unsweetened tea at McDs, and just accept a high fat day. I'll still stay under my calories and be relatively satisfied.

Normally I'd agree with you, but I'm really loving Mcds bacon ranch grilled salads right now. Even with regular ranch dressing it's pretty decent on calories and it tastes really good. Paired with a fry it's a pretty awesome meal :)
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    McDonalds grilled chicken sandwich's have been fairly healthy for a while. The new Artisan has around 6g of fat, and they are pretty tasty.
  • Kirawolfkin
    Kirawolfkin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mcds did a good job changing their chicken sandwich to the artisan one. It's actually pretty tasty now.
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Mcds did a good job changing their chicken sandwich to the artisan one. It's actually pretty tasty now.

I just ate one of those for dinner tonight :) I tasted decent, was reasonably healthy. ...and fit the real requirement of being fast, high protein food after my work out.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Try to ditch fast food. If u can't do it yet; go for salad. If you like BK a lot, u can get chicken Caesar salad. Just don't use whole dressing package, use it half or 1/3rd.

No reason to ditch fast food if you can fit it into your calories on occasion. I had a double cheeseburger from Burger King for lunch today, and it was yummy. It fit within my calories, too.

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I don't see a question, either.

I'm really happy that BK's chicken fries are back.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    Chick-fil-a or Krystal for me. Or Five Guys. . . Or Moes. . .

We have a Five Guys in our town. I've been meaning to go there. It's suppose to be good food from what I've heard.

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »

We have a Five Guys in our town. I've been meaning to go there. It's suppose to be good food from what I've heard.

Five guys burgers are so delicious! Yummy!

I don't see a question, either.

I'm really happy that BK's chicken fries are back.

Chicken fries are amazing! I was sad when they were taken off the menu. I got so excited when they came back.

• natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    while we are on the subject of fast food, I've been changing my eating habits a little over a month now, and have incorporated fast food about 3 times since the beginning, while staying within my calorie goals (mostly), but on Wednesday, when i went to have a fast food treat, I went to a local burger place, had a cheeseburger, fries and a Coke (oh it was marvelous!), but about 15 minutes later, I threw it up. I am assuming because it was so greasy and my body is no longer used to such foods??? My husband ate the same thing and was fine. Is a month and a half long enough for your body to reject foods that are rich? Last night, still not satisfied with getting my burger fix, I made homemade burgers (85% lean) on the grill, ate half of one and was just fine. Anyone have any ideas why?
  • Gena_Beana
    Gena_Beana Posts: 66 Member
    Options

I like the Chick-Fila grilled chicken cool wrap; I eat it without any dressing @ only 340 Calories

• Gena_Beana
    Gena_Beana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    JennJayBee wrote: »
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Something I do now is take a small, single serving bag of chips with me so I am not tempted to get fries. This saves so many calories and I don't feel deprived at all. I'm not a person that can just eat a sandwich when I get FF.

I had a small fry today at Mcds and it was 230 calories. A serving of Lays potato chips is 160 calories. For the 70 calorie difference it's going to be the fries :smiley: I paired it with a bacon ranch grilled chicken salad, with a packet of regular ranch dressing, and it was a great, filling lunch for a total of 690 calories. Still full several hours later :)

I usually take the Baked Lays, so more like 100. But it is an individual thing. I am sure I waste calories in lots of places others would clutch their pearls at. :p

My go-to grab-and-go food is protein bars. My current favorite is the Chocolate Salted Caramel Luna Bar. For 170 calories, I get 12g protein and 3g fiber, so it'll keep me full for a while. Also, it's a candy bar. :smiley:

I keep these in my purse and in my car. I wouldn't have gotten this far without a LOT of easy to grab options.

I am going to have to get some of those chocolate salted caramel bars, I LOVE salted caramel ANYTHING (the skinny cow salted caramel ice cream bars are a DREAM!)

• JennJayBee
    JennJayBee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Gena_Beana wrote: »
    Something I do now is take a small, single serving bag of chips with me so I am not tempted to get fries. This saves so many calories and I don't feel deprived at all. I'm not a person that can just eat a sandwich when I get FF.

I had a small fry today at Mcds and it was 230 calories. A serving of Lays potato chips is 160 calories. For the 70 calorie difference it's going to be the fries :smiley: I paired it with a bacon ranch grilled chicken salad, with a packet of regular ranch dressing, and it was a great, filling lunch for a total of 690 calories. Still full several hours later :)

I usually take the Baked Lays, so more like 100. But it is an individual thing. I am sure I waste calories in lots of places others would clutch their pearls at. :p

My go-to grab-and-go food is protein bars. My current favorite is the Chocolate Salted Caramel Luna Bar. For 170 calories, I get 12g protein and 3g fiber, so it'll keep me full for a while. Also, it's a candy bar. :smiley:

I keep these in my purse and in my car. I wouldn't have gotten this far without a LOT of easy to grab options.

I am going to have to get some of those chocolate salted caramel bars, I LOVE salted caramel ANYTHING (the skinny cow salted caramel ice cream bars are a DREAM!)

Zone Perfect also has a new flavor out that I'm enjoying-- Salted Caramel Brownie. Those are really good as well. I also like the Zone Perfect Cookie Dough bars. They have a lot of sugar, mind you, but I feel like they make up for it in the low calories + protein + fiber + vitamins. I can't hate on anything that feels like I'm eating a candy bar and makes a handy meal/snack replacement to boot.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Gena_Beana wrote: »

Zone Perfect also has a new flavor out that I'm enjoying-- Salted Caramel Brownie. Those are really good as well. I also like the Zone Perfect Cookie Dough bars. They have a lot of sugar, mind you, but I feel like they make up for it in the low calories + protein + fiber + vitamins. I can't hate on anything that feels like I'm eating a candy bar and makes a handy meal/snack replacement to boot.

Might have to try those out at some point... kinda bored with Quest (but I have 2 boxes to finish first).
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Burger King?......I'm getting my usual (spicy chicken sandwich w/lettuce mayo tomatoes) or (10-piece chicken nuggets w/sweet & sour sauce)

I'm confused. Is your question whether or not you are going to Burger King? Your second sentence is just a declarative statement.

This is the strangest Friday ever - mean people threads that aren't about other people, and questions that aren't questions.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I'm going to Burger King?......I'm getting my usual (spicy chicken sandwich w/lettuce mayo tomatoes) or (10-piece chicken nuggets w/sweet & sour sauce)

I'm confused. Is your question whether or not you are going to Burger King? Your second sentence is just a declarative statement.

This is the strangest Friday ever - mean people threads that aren't about other people, and questions that aren't questions.

This was from yesterday and she decided on the chicken sandwich... don't worry about it anymore.
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    while we are on the subject of fast food, I've been changing my eating habits a little over a month now, and have incorporated fast food about 3 times since the beginning, while staying within my calorie goals (mostly), but on Wednesday, when i went to have a fast food treat, I went to a local burger place, had a cheeseburger, fries and a Coke (oh it was marvelous!), but about 15 minutes later, I threw it up. I am assuming because it was so greasy and my body is no longer used to such foods??? My husband ate the same thing and was fine. Is a month and a half long enough for your body to reject foods that are rich? Last night, still not satisfied with getting my burger fix, I made homemade burgers (85% lean) on the grill, ate half of one and was just fine. Anyone have any ideas why?
    Greasy food makes me nauseous now. I used to eat it all the time.

Or you are pregnant. ..just kidding (probably)
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options

You'll save a few calories if you do the spicy chicken w/o mayo. I went to BK last Friday and got a Whopper and according to their website, saved 140 calories just with no mayo.
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I actually just analyzed all the fast food I like to eat. I looked at a usual meal I liked, and then I tweaked it to be more compromising for my diet. For example:

I love a Mcdonald's Happy Meal with chicken nuggets(4-piece), GoGurt, a hamburger on the side and a 12 oz Coke (plus 2 or 3 bbq sauces). That total meal comes out to: 740 cal, 108 carbs, 26g fat.

So if I compromise and If I ditch the coke for water (or a chocolate milk for later/another day), ditch the hamburger and the gogurt, and have only 1 bbq sauce, I get a decent meal that satisfies my craving at: 350 cal, 39 carbs, 17g fat.

So, it's ok in my opinion to have fast food once in awhile, but try to break down the meal so it's not too guilty. Maybe have less nuggets, or just eat half the sandwich without the mayo. Also, make sure your other meals that day are "cleaner" to balance out the guilt ;)

Oh and fun fact: McDonald's has a Kiddie Cone that's only 45 calories! what a great way to satisfy that ice cream craving!
  • JennJayBee
    JennJayBee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    KingsGirl4 wrote: »
    Oh and fun fact: McDonald's has a Kiddie Cone that's only 45 calories! what a great way to satisfy that ice cream craving!

Oh, I didn't know about the kiddie cone. That does sound like a great idea!
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    yah! It's small but it's enough.