Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Goal clothes not good!!!!!

sexysize12
sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
I have an entire wardrobe that was hanging byinmy closet brand new various sizes I bought over time, haven't fit into 1 piece yet. I finally folded them up and put them away today, if I can't fit into any of it in the next 6 months I will be getting rid of them.

Replies

• sexysize12
    Does buying goal clothes work for you?
  • sarahjaynedyer
    sarahjaynedyer Posts: 1 Member
    I keep one pair of jeans in the next size down, but I try to keep a small wardrobe of only what fits.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    You bought a whole wardrobe of clothes that don't fit?

I didn't buy any new clothes but I do have that pair of skinny jeans that did once fit still in my cupboard. I'm back to that waist size but can't cram my thighs into them anymore.

Not a good idea, I should give them away, they depress me when I find them for some reason.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I don't buy or keep clothes unless they fit. I kept a whole pile of things for "when they fit", and they were so out of date and not my taste anymore by the time they did!
  • dotsoflisa
    dotsoflisa Posts: 47 Member
    I have a goal dress. It keeps me motivated. I only keep it because I have other dresses I can wear now so I'm not loosing out but I still have something to work towards. I tend to hold onto the clothes that are too big for me and I think that's worse cause I don't intend to wear them again I intend to keep the weight off...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    No. Because I can't be sure how they'll look on me, even when I do lose the weight.
  • fox_emm
    fox_emm Posts: 4 Member
    Sometimes when I do "fit" in clothes they just don't suit me, so I can't imagine buying clothes that don't even fit when I buy them, haha! I'd much rather save my pennies and get nice things when I do inevitably have to size down. :)
  • Delitebabe
    Delitebabe Posts: 96 Member
    I never buy 'goal clothes'. I do have clothes from 'way-back-then' that I'm still holding on to, most of them are really expensive tailor made evening dresses that I just cannot give away. I didn't get the chance to use most of them even once before I started gaining weight. My weight loss goal is to fit in them again because I was really happy with the way I looked at that size and that is why I paid so much to have them made. That being said, I do go through the rest of my clothes at least once a year to get rid of anything I haven't been able to fit in in six months.
  • HollyMGT
    HollyMGT Posts: 111 Member
    I recently took some skirts off their hangers and put them elsewhere because they're too tight. Hopefully I'll fit into them again one day. I have a few dresses that are too small too that I hope to fit in again.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    I buy clothes as I need them because I don't want to waste money on sizes I may not get to or might be too big in the end, though I have set a set amount of money aside to buy new clothes once I reach my goal weight.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    i don't like to spend money on something i can't use. so i wouldn't buy "goal clothes."
  • sexysize12
    Thank you everyone yes I've been much smaller in my life and know what I look like in those sizes, so I figured whats the problem in purchasing them. Big one when my motivation has wavered off and on for a long time now. And the fact clothes fit differently even if its your size, I think I will donate most of them cuz it just depresses me as well having all of this. Since they are quality clothes and I got a deal I thought good, but they take up space where my current clothes should be so I bagged them up last night. No more dreaming I will work hard to really reach my goals 1 day at a time I'm down 18 lbs but its taken a while.☺
  • sexysize12
    And not to mention I could've used the money on current clothes or something else or better yet as others have said save it for wardrobe when I reach goal. Thanks for sharing and wonderful input.
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    i never buy goal clothes but i have kept my old pair of high school jeans as my goal pants. it's only when i hit my goals that i bought new ones :)
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,153 Member
    I'm sad to say it doesn't work for me. What I find is that when I lose weight and my body shape changes, the clothes I had intended to wear.....they fit, but not the right way. The reconfiguration of things changes how they look. I used to wear cute peasant-style tops with khakis. If I try a peasant-style shirt on now, it looks ridiculous. Same for ruffles and I love ruffles! *sniff* But, I'll take it because I can wear a tank top now with no extra skin/fat wobbles at all!