"Dad Bod"

Options

Replies

• burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    Just stupid and untrue... I'm a dad, grandpa. You choose witch is better?
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I am more attracted to personality, my husband(the man on my shoulder in my pic) has a slight dad bod and I think he is extremely attractive but if he gained 30lbs I would still think he is attractive due to his personality.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I don't think I actively pursue men with any particular body type. This new description of the way some men look is not any different. It still boils down to personality, humor, common interests and values. If these things line up with someone, you make a decent match. Looks are secondary.
  • LindaKay224
    LindaKay224 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What ever the bod I'd be happy if someone gave me flowers and called me pretty once in a while
  • Pennsylvania_Joe
    Pennsylvania_Joe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have an amazing son, and I consider what I have a "dad bod."
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I only lust after my hubby's bod. He happens to be a dad of 5. 6'1" and about 175lb. He has what I like. I don't really concern myself with other boys. :)
  • Tinyfigure
    Tinyfigure Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    100 people will like 100 different things. The way they generalise what "women like" annoys me. You haven't asked me, so don't assume for me ;)
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    What ever the bod I'd be happy if someone gave me flowers and called me pretty once in a while

Hey beautiful.
    Here ya go. @-->
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I didn't know this was a thing but I do find that body type fairly attractive so.... hm. On the other hand I would never associate being more fit with things like immaturity, that's just silly.

Overall I care more about what a guy is like, than what he looks like!
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    77775-I-just-threw-up-in-my-mouth-a-r4R3.gif
  • acollis1
    acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I can't say I agree!
  • monicarungood
    monicarungood Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel like the "dad bod" trend is some weird way of making it okay for guys to be out of shape even though it's kind of an established social rule that women always have to look perfect, but not like they're trying too hard, thin but not skinny, with curves but not fat, with make-up but not TOO much, properly dressed but not over or under... you get the idea.
  • SamanthasFitnessLog
    SamanthasFitnessLog Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be interested. Your current body type tells a lot about you. A dad bod tells me you aren't interested in fitness.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I think what attracts women mainly is personality and the size of the man's loins.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I find guys with the "dad bod" more approachable than a guy who has a six pack or a leaner muscular physic, but that has nothing to do with what I find more attractive but my own insecurities.
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I like this movement because that just gets everyone closer to accepting imperfections that we ALL have. I don't have washboard abs, so why would I expect all guys to have them? I got a little extra to love, it's ok if men do too. The average person is NOT a supermodel & everyone needs to look past the exterior & focus on the important stuff.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Nah, no thanks. I think it's insulting to the Dads that stay fit - which is what we have the most of here. My hubby's rockin bod doesn't mean at all that he's no fun or doesn't want cake! How silly, theyre just trying to find a way to make skinny arms and a beer belly ok. Call it anything else, but don't blame that physique on being a Dad!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    jboccio90 wrote: »
    I find guys with the "dad bod" more approachable than a guy who has a six pack or a leaner muscular physic, but that has nothing to do with what I find more attractive but my own insecurities.

I think I am pretty approachable.
    Women make me nervous.