Protein Shakes

Options
Bandiiit
Bandiiit Posts: 27 Member
What protein shakes are best for meal replacements? Does gender determine what type of protein shake/meal replacement you should use? How do you maximize protein shake benefits (i.e. what should you put in your shake?)

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    My question is why can't you supplement a regular meal with a protein drink/shake. Or have one for a snack to get help you get your protein needed a day..

Why a meal replacement? Not gender specific...

Maximize my shakes as a post workout recovery drink. You can mix it with anything you want...I do not replace my meals with these...
  • Bandiiit
    Bandiiit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    My question is why can't you supplement a regular meal with a protein drink/shake. Or have one for a snack to get help you get your protein needed a day..

Maximize my shakes as a post workout recovery drink. You can mix it with anything you want...I do not replace my meals with these...

Only reason I would use it as a meal replacement is because I work 3:00-9:00 with a 10 minute break, which is not enough time to get a nutritious dinner in even if I plan (I've tried). I also can't eat at my desk but I can have drinks as long as they're in a spill proof container. So... protein shake.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide are pretty good for a meal replacement-ish shake. Use it with a cup of skim and you are looking at some nice macros. They taste awesome too.

Quest bars are also a good meal replacement-ish product. I guess it really depends on how much you need to eat but one of those with 16 oz of water isn't too bad.
  • anniewinters12
    anniewinters12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Glucerna and they don't taste the best but they do work pretty well
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I like Premier Protein. 160 calories, 30 grams of Protein. I have had bariatric surgery so they have replaced a meal a few times for me. Not sure if it would do the same for someone with a normal stomach. Lots of flavors and taste great to me.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I dont use meal replacement shakes, but I use premier protein drinks instead of milk in my coffee. So good! And a little extra protein with my yummy coffee.
    I definitely endorse them for the flavor.
  • daniellemarie199498
    Options
    I’ve heard the fair life protein shakes are pretty good!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    Bandiiit wrote: »
    gia07 wrote: »

Only reason I would use it as a meal replacement is because I work 3:00-9:00 with a 10 minute break, which is not enough time to get a nutritious dinner in even if I plan (I've tried). I also can't eat at my desk but I can have drinks as long as they're in a spill proof container. So... protein shake.

Can you turn things around? Have a lighter meal, like a double-faced sandwich during your lunch break and have a proper meal once at home? I mean, you can still do a protein shake on your desk of course, but nobody says you have to prepare a meal at work. Also, some people (not everyone) find fluid calories to be less filling than solid ones.