Worked out I should be eating 2130 calories

Options
The personal trainer who runs the bootcamp I go to, send me a file to work out how many calories I should be eating a day, because I get lightheaded and dizzy when I lay down on the floor. Ive been tracking for a long time now, and trying to not go over 1400 calories. I generally eat clean food, except for the occasional binge I have (which I am trying to get under control) so when I worked out I should be eating 2130 calories a day - if im honest, it scares me. Any suggestions would be great? x

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    How did you arrive at that figure?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Do you mean 2130 to maintain, lose weight (at how many pounds per week), gain, or what?

2130 doesn't sound crazy in general. I maintain at around 2500 so I lose about a pound a week at 2000. It all depends on your age, weight, height, and activity level, as well as any medical issues you may have.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    People usually say eat back half your 3xercise calories. But I don't typically. But that may be right if you are doing very intense exercise. But maybe 1800 would be better?
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Try using this calculator: scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Dizzy and lightheaded are a problem.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

This. Pick a 15 or 20% deficit to lose weight. 2130 seems like a lot though.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Depends on your starting weight and activity level. My observed TDEE was about 2800-3000 kcals from 256 lbs to about 216 lbs.
  • everythings_rosie
    everythings_rosie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I didnt usually tend to eat back any calories burned, and on the days I do bootcamp and gym, this can be 800+ calories
  • girlviernes
    Options
    Okay, so you would subtract 10-20% from that overall number.
  • jemhh
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

And yes, dizzy and lightheaded are problematic. Weight loss is not supposed to require a fainting couch :)
  • everythings_rosie
    Options
    can you explain what that is then? sorry, new to all this
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Hold on, you're 55 kg for 5'6" and you want to lose 15 pounds? That's way too low...
  • everythings_rosie
    Options
    Perhaps Im not eating enough of the right foods then. I do tend to eat low carb.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    If you're using the TDEE formula, your exercise is already factored in. So reduce that number by 10-20% depending on how much you want to lose, and don't eat anything back.
  • girlviernes
    Options
    So 2075 is your (estimated) Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE). That's how many calories you probably burn on average each day. If you want a modest rate of weight loss you would substract 10% from that total for your target, so 2075-207.5 = 1867.5 and if you wanted a more aggressive weight loss you could subtract 20% so 2075 - 415 = 1660.
  • girlviernes
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Hold on, you're 55 kg for 5'6" and you want to lose 15 pounds? That's way too low...

Ooops!! Missed this.

You are actually near the bottom of the normal weight range. You probably don't need to lose a single pound!
  • everythings_rosie
    Options
    sorry, the picture above is just the formula....its not my details.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Ooops!! Missed this.

You are actually near the bottom of the normal weight range. You probably don't need to lose a single pound!

^^^
  • jemhh
    Options
    n69ghztc4p26.jpg

Is this your info or just a sample. It's just a sample, right?

What are your height and weight and activity level?
  • everythings_rosie
    Options
    5ft 3", 143lbs and Moderatelty active