Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pre-workout

hncary
hncary Posts: 176 Member
edited May 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm just wondering about how long pre-workout lasts (looking at C4 more specifically)? I am wanting to try it, but the only problem is that due to my schedule I don't workout until about 1am and then I have to be back home by 4am and get right to sleep and wake up with my toddler around 8-9am when she wakes up. I'm wondering if it will keep me from falling asleep or if that would be enough time for the effects to wear off?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Hi:
    You can prepare your own pre workout drink/shake/food. It will be much cheaper.
    I take whey protein isolate in a blender with almond milk and a banana; 45 minutes prior to my workout.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    hncary wrote: »
    I'm just wondering about how long pre-workout lasts (looking at C4 more specifically)? I am wanting to try it, but the only problem is that due to my schedule I don't workout until about 1am and then I have to be back home by 4am and get right to sleep and wake up with my toddler around 8-9am when she wakes up. I'm wondering if it will keep me from falling asleep or if that would be enough time for the effects to wear off?

In your case, I wouldn't advise it. 150mg of Caffeine, I'd think, would probably give you trouble falling asleep.
  • otey743
    otey743 Posts: 153 Member
    Dr Jekl and Hyde make a great pre workout so you can take at night and still sleep .
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member

What sort of schedule do you have that makes you work out at 1am, home at 4am,and awake again at 8?

Id be more concerned by the lack of sleep - not getting enough sleep isn't good for you! I'd be looking at my schedule and making it work better. Perhaps you don't have time to work out right now.... If that's a priority for you, perhaps you need to drop something else.
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member

What sort of schedule do you have that makes you work out at 1am, home at 4am,and awake again at 8?

Id be more concerned by the lack of sleep - not getting enough sleep isn't good for you! I'd be looking at my schedule and making it work better. Perhaps you don't have time to work out right now.... If that's a priority for you, perhaps you need to drop something else.

I'm a mother who works 3rd shift and doesn't use a babysitter. Of course it isn't ideal, but as for now it is really just how things in my life with my family and my income have to work without getting into more personal information. I don't do anything other than work and take care of my little one so there isn't really anything else to drop. I am hoping to be off of this shift eventually, but for now I'm kind of stuck here until I can find a job paying a couple dollars more on the hour to make up for daycare expenses ($200/week around here). She also takes a nap most days so I get another hour or two of sleep later in the day. It sucks, but I've been doing it for 2 years now. I get off at midnight 2 nights a week and 4am all the other nights so working out for 2 hours when I get off still gets me in bed earlier than my regular long nights. But I am trying to work on my schedule, just kind of stuck at the moment unfortunately.

And thank you everyone for the info.
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Here's a review from an MFP member about Game Day.. she says "It's mild enough that if your workout gets delayed, you are not struggling to concentrate, but the energy and pump enhance workouts" Something like this may work for you.

realbodiesrealresults.com/blog/game-day-the-only-pre-workout-i-will-take
  • zoltanszecsi
    zoltanszecsi Posts: 14 Member
    Very useful information thank you buddies... :)