who loves beer

Replies

• SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    I always thought I didn't like beer but was recently out with some friends at a place where beer was the only available alcoholic beverage. I learned that I actually DO like beer, but ONLY draft beer. My first choice will continue to be wine since I can get the same effect while consuming fewer calories, but a nice, cold draft beer can be a tasty alternative.
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    I do! But I cannot drink it anymore because I cannot tolerate it :( I am always looking for good gluten free beer suggestions (preferably not for sorghum).
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    I always thought I didn't like beer but was recently out with some friends at a place where beer was the only available alcoholic beverage. I learned that I actually DO like beer, but ONLY draft beer. My first choice will continue to be wine since I can get the same effect while consuming fewer calories, but a nice, cold draft beer can be a tasty alternative.

The beer I usually drink has a lot less calories than the wine that I like. That doesn't go for all the beer though, lol.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Beer ❤️
  • gonebeast
    gonebeast Posts: 102 Member
    I love my fernet branca with coke (:
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Love craft beer. Troegs (Hershey, Pa) is my favorite. We have lots of local breweries in the Pa area so I have lots of choices.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    I love beer. I mainly drink Ontario Craft Beer except when I'm away from home then I drink the most local Craft Beer that I can find. It is amazing how many great beer there are.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member

The beer I usually drink has a lot less calories than the wine that I like. That doesn't go for all the beer though, lol.
    A glass of beer does have fewer calories than a glass of wine. But if one is drinking to get a buzz one would have to drink a LOT more beer (and a lot more calories!) to get the same effect! :)
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Beer. Yes.

I love a very hoppy IPA; some have a hint of citrus. Yummy. Drinking one now and I still have 1,100 calories left for dinner (which may include a second beer) thanks to some good cardio and careful eating otherwise today.

I often sign posts #IRunForBeer. Because... well, it's almost true.

Former HHH runner from waaaay back (Hash House Harriers). Beer and running, an unbeatable mix. :smile:
  • AdamImadA
    AdamImadA Posts: 74 Member
    mantium999 wrote: »
    Homebrewing beer snob checking in

This
  • mwyvr
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I love craft beer. In fact, tomorrow I'll be entering my first 5k and the one thing that convinced me to enter is that it's sponsored by a brewery. It starts and ends at the brewery and after you finish, you get a pint of beer and a souvenir mug. They also have a live bands for entertainment and food trucks for eats. They also don't time the race, since it's not really a race...just a beer run...or walk.

@7lenny7 OH I MUST DO THIS! Where?

Failing that I must convince a local craft brewery to do the same here!

Currently drinking a Brassneck "Wingman" IPA, hoppy but not extreme, hint of citrus. Yum.
    IMG_20150508_180237%257E2%257E2.jpg

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,488 Member
    The 5k I'm doing is one in a year round series in Minnesota. Proceeds go to a good cause. I think it started 3 years ago with just 2 beer runs. Now it's over 20 per year. I'm looking forward to it!

http://www.breweryrunningseries.com/

• mwyvr
    edited May 2015
    @7lenny7 I think I would enjoy living in your part of the world. :smile:

A drinking club with a running problem is exactly the sort of outfit I'd like to be in.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Alidecker wrote: »
    First converstion with my trainer about diet:

Me: "I am not giving up beer?"
    Trainer "You don't have to unless it becomes a problem"
    Me "OK"
    we discuss a couple of other things
    Trainer "How much beer are we talking about? Do you drink a 12 pack a night or something?"
    Me "No, mostly just on weekends"
    Trainer "OK good, I just wanted to make sure you shouldn't be signing up with AA instead of me"

Classic!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2015
    But, I do love a good porter or stout. I miss my Aviator Red :(

I could always go for a good stout, porter or lager... and IPAs. Next batch I brew shall be an IPA I think... I've done a lot of lagers and stouts, getting bored, although thinking of trying an oatmeal stout.
    mantium999 wrote: »
    Homebrewing beer snob checking in

What do you brew?
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Also, my husband homebrews hard cider. It is GOOD. Using brown sugar, some orange blossom honey, and cinnamon, ginger, and cloves makes a lovely spicy mix.

I've brewed one batch of a hard apple and a hard pear cider... it's ok but I'd rather beer. :)
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I love craft beer. In fact, tomorrow I'll be entering my first 5k and the one thing that convinced me to enter is that it's sponsored by a brewery. It starts and ends at the brewery and after you finish, you get a pint of beer and a souvenir mug. They also have a live bands for entertainment and food trucks for eats. They also don't time the race, since it's not really a race...just a beer run...or walk.

That's awesome. Some of our NJ breweries ought to do that.

I have one a few miles away that does free tours of the place, and after the tour they let you into a tasting room (this is pay however), pretty awesome. I have yet to get to some of the others.
  • g44219
    g44219 Posts: 3,665 Member
    I think I've found my thread! I've been beer shamed so much by some of my friends on here!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,883 Member
    edited May 2015
    Just working on some spent grain burger buns and pizza dough for our opening....24 taps, all micro and independent, will have Sierra Nevada on tap as well, so yup like beer. :)
  • cherylann141
    cherylann141 Posts: 5 Member
    The BEST part about reaching my goal is adding a beer everyday! Unfortunately I don't really care for the cheap or lower calorie beers. Bring on the craft porters, stouts, and IPAs.
  • cherylann141
    cherylann141 Posts: 5 Member
    mwyvr wrote: »
    @7lenny7 I think I would enjoy living in your part of the world. :smile:

A drinking club with a running problem is exactly the sort of outfit I'd like to be in.

Sounds like fun to me!
  • hdonaldsonm
    hdonaldsonm Posts: 22 Member
    Beer