Such thing to much protien?

Options
It seems like I am always going over my protien and it seems to happen almost everyday just a little over is this bad?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    if you have kidney issues you can have too much protein, but MFP only sets you at 15% of total calories and a balanced diet can consist of protein up to 30% (double MFP's amount)
  • w_sanford
    w_sanford Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    just a little? no, this is not bad. As long as these extra calories from protein are not in excess of your calorie range. And as long as you are getting appropriate amounts of fat and carbohydrates.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I usually get double what your getting a day looking at your dairy.
  • MissKMN
    MissKMN Posts: 119
    Options
    I always shoot for 100+ grams a day...as long as your kidneys are healthy, anything in extreme excess just gets excreted but doesn't really cause harm.
  • jamie78
    Options
    just a little? no, this is not bad. As long as these extra calories from protein are not in excess of your calorie range. And as long as you are getting appropriate amounts of fat and carbohydrates.
    diary*
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    No I don't have any kidney problems so I guess I am good for dinner tonight which I am having pork ribeye roast only 1oz of it and a salad on the side.
  • jamie78
    Options
    No I don't have any kidney problems so I guess I am good for dinner tonight which I am having pork ribeye roast only 1oz of it and a salad on the side.

Yum can I join ya? lol
  • kitkat7145
    kitkat7145 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am on a physician supervised weight loss, and my doctor set my daily protein target for this month at 100g per day (to help boost metabolism), much more than this site recommends. I don't think going over a few grams per day would be a bad thing :)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Asked and answered a thousand times. Use the Search function.