Lost another 10 lbs...progress pic looks worse than before? 19/f/5'8

Options
Aside from in my thighs, I actually look bigger now? I know I've lost an inch and a half off my waist but it just makes my belly look even bigger than before. My gut is the same size it was 50 lbs ago, just smoother...at least I'm down to a size 8 now so finding clothing is ridiculously easy.

I'm still proud of my progress it just gets discouraging that everytime I get used to my new body it changes again. I'm not trying to fish for compliments here, I guess I'm just wondering if I'm crazy because my family says I look fine but my back rolls came back again and it's driving me mad.

September 2014 (220)
s98k0rloyre2.jpg

March 2015 (180)
yyl5tkciggh4.jpg

May 2015 (170)
mozym6yfwi95.jpg

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    First of all weight loss is not linear. Us females have a harder time loosing it in the places we want to shed the most.

Second, there is a 1000 times difference in the before and after pics.. It would have been good to share your side view and back...

Your family is right... you look just FINE! Keep it up.. :):)
  • bussybee3
    bussybee3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference!! You are doing great. Keep at it.
  • pandygirl12
    pandygirl12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference, too! You're doing great!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Dude - You look fantastic. Stop beating your pretty self up. See the beauty and stop picking yourself apart.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I agree, I easily see the difference! and to ^^bussybee3 as well! Great job!!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    PS, your stomach looks so much better. Keep up with all the good you are doing.
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    no you actually do look slimmer, don't get discouraged. keep it up.
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    there is a diff. for sure. also you are standing differently in both pictures, so the angle etc can alter what/how you see it. in your March photo you look like you are standing at a more alert and straight stance, where as in the May one not so much, your shoulders seem a little slouched. At least that is how I see it. everyone sees things differently but I can def see a difference keep up the great work. :)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You do look great. Your back may be shrinking in a weird way but just love it and let it do its thing and I'm sure the rolls won't stay for long.
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Um, no. You definitely look slimmer in the last photo. Seriously. :)
  • kristigibsonzeski
    kristigibsonzeski Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    look at your face....how thin it is and the gap between your legs.....you look great! Keep up the good work!
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    First off - you look great! You're definitely making good progress!

When I was losing the bulk of my weight, I felt like I went through 'cycles' of looking good and not so good. I attributed this to the way the weight was coming off since it was coming off in different places at different times. So I'd lose some weight in my chest, back, and arms -result: midsection looked big. But then the midsection would thin out some and I'd be OK again.

Just keep doing what you're doing and everything will sync up! :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    youre making good progress!

I've lost 35 pounds since january and just did pics yesterday (did some in jan). to ME- icant see ANY DIFFERENCE AT ALL.

BUT... i know there IS a difference. I am having to buy smaller clothes, my friends make comments, I just had to buy new underwear....

we just don't see the changes in OURSELVES.

doing photo less often (in your case) might help you see bigger changes. I only do mine every 3 or 4 months (and for me, i still dont see it LOL). i do a weekly weigh in to log and measurements every month.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, and there's definitely a difference in the last two pictures, especially in your legs and hips. We never see a difference in ourselves.

I'll let you in on a secret... I only posted my profile picture because my husband told me there was a difference. I still don't see it.

We are ALWAYS our own worst critics.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Agree with above posts. You look great!!!
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference! You are making amazing progress!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    It's in your head. But I get it. I went through a stage like that. I was PISSED because I really honestly believed I looked worse. I don't know what was going on...maybe measurements/proportions were a little off while I lost. Anyway, things evened out again.

You look great and I'm jealous of your slim legs!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    You've slimmed down around the hip and waist area, which is accentuating what is above. It will go! Definitely look better in the latest picture :-)

The last of my weight will go from my thighs and I know I'll look odd, at least to me, at various stages along the way.

Just keep doing what you're doing lass.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You're looking great, killer legs!
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    You look great. Transformation is happening
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!