I've fallen off the wagon

Options
Looking back at my diary for this week I've been eating terribly. Fast food galore, sugar packed juices... I had Popeyes you guys?! The horror...

I've been doing this since February and I'm losing my wind. What do you do to kick yourself back into gear?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    Looking back at my diary for this week I've been eating terribly. Fast food galore, sugar packed juices... I had Popeyes you guys?! The horror...

I've been doing this since February and I'm losing my wind. What do you do to kick yourself back into gear?

But have you been under goal?
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror, turn sideways and look at my pooch gut. That kills cravings like nothing else. basically you need to decide if sugar and fast food makes you happier than looking good in your jeans and feeling better about yourself and your health overall.
  • Lindy901
    Lindy901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Psshht, for the longest time I've had one hand on the back of the wagon being dragged behind. Just have to take each day and not beat yourself up for a day's indiscretion. Actually studies have shown that over the long term that day you overdid won't hurt you. It's the multiple days of overdoing that do it. As I have well discovered while trying to jump back in that wagon.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Each day can be a fresh start. At some stage you need to look at why you were binging and ask yourself why you couldnt moderate or why you felt the need to binge as opposed to continuing on your journey. I dont worry about whats past but I would try and learn from it so I can avoid those mistakes in future. Other than that dont beat yourself up and try to make better choices.

If you cnat go straight bak to your plan, then transition back in over a week or so gradyally reducing your calories down to the level needed.
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    First, take a deep breath. For now, think about making one small step in the right direction. This doesn't have to be an all or nothing proposition. If you do well keeping that small step going, add another. Pretty soon, all of these small steps add up. I find this is way less stressful. Good luck!
  • brockbennett1981
    brockbennett1981 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Love popeyes lol
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

In the red almost everyday. Except workout days.

Idk what's going on with me this week... Am I stressed? Sad? Bored? ..maybe all three. Maybe it's just my period. :s
  • Ameengyrl
    Options
    Paaaahaaaaaaa in the red and on my period. Lollll that tickled me. Sorry!! TMI
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

In the red almost everyday. Except workout days.

Idk what's going on with me this week... Am I stressed? Sad? Bored? ..maybe all three. Maybe it's just my period. :s

Eeesh. Seriously eesssh.
  • Ameengyrl
    Options
    I knowwww...

I think I'm just going to writing out a meal plan for this upcoming week and grocery shop in the morning... But I do need to figure out why I've been overeating
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You have to find that desire to be healthy again and get back to it. I started slipping after losing a significant amount of weight because I felt better than I had, but still being overweight, I knew I had to go further. So I let myself have some days and then got back to it.