Options
13»

Replies

• Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Chewitz wrote: »
    I love tuna with mayo but with mayo it's an extra 210 calories with the serving I use...

2 tablespoons for a can of tuna is...a lot of mayo. Can you not use half the amount?

15 ml X2 not much....
  • Chewitz
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas :)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I love tuna with mayo but with mayo it's an extra 210 calories with the serving I use...

2 tablespoons for a can of tuna is...a lot of mayo. Can you not use half the amount?

15 ml X2 not much....

It's 200 calories of pure fat - so yeah, it kinda is. :)

I've moved to the low-cal Hellmans. And even that I cut with mustard.

Good luck! :drinker:
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great post! I love tuna and these ideas are amazing!!
  • Chewitz
    Options

15 ml X2 not much....

It's 200 calories of pure fat - so yeah, it kinda is. :)

I've moved to the low-cal Hellmans. And even that I cut with mustard.

Good luck! :drinker:

Ah right... before I started weighing my mayo I would have 1 tablespoon well so I thought.... then I weighed out the mayo and it's alot of difference... and 15 ml not much so I increased to 30 ml (2 tablespoons) and that tastes good.... but then I got oneself a calorific tuna *facepalm*
    So I want to ditch the mayo

Anyway loving all the ideas I can try :)
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just had tuna tonight, used a can (100g) of albacore tuna, 113g of fat free cottage cheese, 5g of sriracha, 5g of spicy mustard, and 10g of lemon juice. Less than 200 calories and tasted great., Most of the time I'll use strained yogurt instead of cottage cheese, but wanted the additional protein tonight.
  • nichole0483
    nichole0483 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I always use mustard and a little relish. It sounds weird but totally good!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    My two fav ways to eat tuna are either mixed with light sour cream and a little bit of yellow mustard, or with HUMMUS. Ooooo mixed into hummus is my absolute favorite way! I promise its good :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I buy better quality tuna and enjoy it on it's own, or in a spinach salad with a little bit of balsamic vinegar.
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Mustard!
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I found canola mayo has 80 calories per 2 T. I like it better than regular mayo.
  • Dagoberto8878
    Dagoberto8878 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    BE CAREFUL!!!!
    Try to eat tuna once a week because it has mercury and that is bad for you, so take it easy with the tuna guys
  • Chewitz
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    glenda8878 wrote: »
    BE CAREFUL!!!!
    Try to eat tuna once a week because it has mercury and that is bad for you, so take it easy with the tuna guys

I eat 7-12 cans of tuna (starkist selects low sodium albacore solid) every week and two lbs of shrimp every week have been doing so for years and my mercury level is a non issue. I get my blood taken every 3 months because of my life long thyroid issue.

This mornings breakfast two cans of tuna with two table spoons mayo light with olive oil 70 calories and some dried cranberries.

tgdzx2jopf27.jpg

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Small curd cottage cheese with salt. An avocado is amazing with tuna as well.