Hey Everyone

Whats going on everyone? Just downloaded this app 4 days ago because s friend recommended it to me. I went cold turkey vegetarian 4 months ago and needed something to help me focus more of "healthy" vegetarian eating. I haven't stepped on a scale once since switching and don't really plan on till I see the results I want. I'd love to meet new people who can help me stay motivated till I reach my goals. I have a 6 month old and 290 at 5'8 wasn't cutting it at all.

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    edited May 2015
    Welcome. I'm not vegetarian, but my guess is fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, and dairy are going to be your mainstays. Protein intake may suffer being on a vegetarian diet. Its not impossible but will be something that you will need to be cognizant of. Find a good plant based protein powder, tofu, milk, etc.

There is a group on here called 'Eat, Train, Progress'. The female group leader is a vegetarian so you may want to stop by there she may have some good feedback.

Good Luck with your goals!
  • HollywoodXL
    HollywoodXL Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks Ryry...I've been at it for 4 months now so in pretty much passed that initial suffering from lack of protein. I have a friend who is vegan and also helps me out with replacing missed nutrients. It's nice to meet you and I look forward to hearing your input and progress. WORK IT OUT!!!!