Just had a baby please help

Options
Hi you guys I just had a baby a month ago and I'm already down 20lbs but I need more help and motivation to continue my weight loss. I'm trying to lose at least 20 to 30 more pounds before the end of the summer. ANY TIPS ARE WELCOMED . THANKS

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You've just made an entire human being

Let your body recover

Log your food and eat to an appropriate defecit

Move more ...get your baby out and about

And congratulations
  • KayDaMilf
    KayDaMilf Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks I know my calorie intake has to be adequate but I've gotten really lazy and used to eating for two lol but I'm trying to get around more
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new baby! Yay, babies!

Set yourself a reasonable weight loss goal. This is especially important if you're breastfeeding. You want to have enough energy to do everything for a whole other person!

Read all the announcement threads and get to know how to use MFP to stick to a calorie deficit and you'll be fine.
  • KayDaMilf
    Options
    Thanks. :D I know I am breastfeeding so I'm not trying to limit my intake too drastically but I can't get out as much with bby yet so if take in less calories that's less I'll hve to burn
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    KayDaMilf wrote: »
    Thanks I know my calorie intake has to be adequate but I've gotten really lazy and used to eating for two lol but I'm trying to get around more

Yeah, that was a mistake :smile: I did that with my first and gained 50lbs ...dropped 36lbs over birth and breastfeeding in 6 months with no effort ...kept 14. Second child I ate for one and a bit gained 26lbs, dropped 12 with birth and breastfeeding and kept 14

Just eat at a decent number and move a lot
  • KayDaMilf
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Yeah, that was a mistake :smile: I did that with my first and gained 50lbs ...dropped 36lbs over birth and breastfeeding in 6 months with no effort ...kept 14. Second child I ate for one and a bit gained 26lbs, dropped 12 with birth and breastfeeding and kept 14

Thanks I'm gonna try to get around more often I'm 25 lbs shy of my prepregnancy weight so hopefully this will help
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options

I did the same with my first, gained over 50 lbs with my first, lost all but 15, then gained it all back, plus some!!! I lost 62 lbs prior to getting pregnant and did not want to gain it back so I was careful. I am 10 weeks postpartum and gained 26 lbs at 38 weeks with this pregnancy but within those last 2 weeks, put on 19 lbs. I left the hospital 45 lbs up! I lost all but 3 lbs within the first 4 weeks postpartum and have lost an additional 3 since then. I am breastfeeding and currently eating close to maintenance. I exercise and eat back my exercise calories but I do not eat my breastfeeding calories. Like this person said, eat at a deficit and you should lose. Although if you are breastfeeding, you have to be careful as too much of a deficit can interfere with supply.

• ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Eat healthy. Move more. But most of all enjoy that sweet baby.
  • KayDaMilf
    Options

I did the same with my first, gained over 50 lbs with my first, lost all but 15, then gained it all back, plus some!!! I lost 62 lbs prior to getting pregnant and did not want to gain it back so I was careful. I am 10 weeks postpartum and gained 26 lbs at 38 weeks with this pregnancy but within those last 2 weeks, put on 19 lbs. I left the hospital 45 lbs up! I lost all but 3 lbs within the first 4 weeks postpartum and have lost an additional 3 since then. I am breastfeeding and currently eating close to maintenance. I exercise and eat back my exercise calories but I do not eat my breastfeeding calories. Like this person said, eat at a deficit and you should lose. Although if you are breastfeeding, you have to be careful as too much of a deficit can interfere with supply.

Yea I know I don't want to mess up my supply at all but I just wanna tone up and slim down just a little I can't really take her out yet so I'm limited to indoor workouts I walk around the house with her and try to mve around as much as possible
  • KayDaMilf
    Options
    ArkMom35 wrote: »

I sure am this is my first so she has all my attention lol
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your little one! Enjoy yourself and your new baby. I feel like I blinked and my baby was off to college!

Take your time with your weight loss. As others have said, give your body time to recover. And try not to put a time frame on it (i.e., "I want to lose x pounds by this date"). Our bodies don't always cooperate with us, despite our best efforts!
  • KayDaMilf
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your little one! Enjoy yourself and your new baby. I feel like I blinked and my baby was off to college!

Take your time with your weight loss. As others have said, give your body time to recover. And try not to put a time frame on it (i.e., "I want to lose x pounds by this date"). Our bodies don't always cooperate with us, despite our best efforts!

Thanks and Yes time is going by so fast she's already about to be a month old and I won't I'm going to move a bit more and eat healthier instead of eating for 2 lol
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

Yes, this. My third baby turned 1 on May 1st, my second is 4 on the 12th, and my biggest will be 6 in June. Time flies.

I still have weight to lose, and I've been back at the gym since after my 6 week check. It can take time. I've walked lots, been to the gym, and eaten healthily. I lost all the weight and more after my 2nd, and it took 18 months
  • KayDaMilf
    Options

Yes, this. My third baby turned 1 on May 1st, my second is 4 on the 12th, and my biggest will be 6 in June. Time flies.

I still have weight to lose, and I've been back at the gym since after my 6 week check. It can take time. I've walked lots, been to the gym, and eaten healthily. I lost all the weight and more after my 2nd, and it took 18 months
    Well I'll take all of this into consideration I won't work myself too hard but I can't make it to a gym yet so I just do a quick morning work out now until my 6 weeks