havent lost anything in 3 weeks. help

Options
Melissaol
Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
This is getting tired some. I stopped exercisig for a week. Know im started C25k. Monday, Wednesday and friday. And 30 Day shedd, im doing it every day. So far.. So im thinking can someone. Give me a day by day work out schedule. Im not sure what to do... HELP!!!

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Looked back over a week or so of your diary, some days you look to eat exercise calories, other days you don't. You really want to net at least 1200 calories a day, and eat your exercise calories all the time, your caloric goal itself is set up so you have a deficit to lose weight before exercise.

Take a day off of exercise, let your system recover. Change things up, get some strength training in besides the cardio.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!: It does get discouraging if the darn scale isn't moving in the right direction but if you stay consistent with your diet and exercise, you WILL see the results!! The shred it a great work out. Is this something you just started recently? Sometimes it takes some time to see the results. Are you close to your ideal weight? I know it is harder when you are. I change up my exercise so my body doesn't get used to the same exercise. My workout consists of elliptical, treadmill, exercise bike and total gym (for strength training). I try to change up on machines. This is what I think works the most for me.....eating 3 meals a day(never skipping a meal), and eating at least 2 snacks a day. This will increase your metabolism by eating every 2-3 hours. Just make sure your food choices are good choices, cutting out processed foods and high sodium. You CAN do this:) !!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Having checked out your food diary, in my (non-professional) opinion, it's not exercise that is the problem it's what you're eating and/or not eating.

Try adding protein at breakfast.
    Limit fast food (especially for breakfast)
    Eat more than just bread for a meal
    Watch sodium isn't too high
    Add more fiber

Try to stay as close to your calories - INCLUDING EXERCISE CALORIES.

Good luck!
  • diggedy
    diggedy Posts: 8
    Options
    There could be a lot of reasons why your not losing anything. Have you been dieting a long time and reached a plateau? Have you started working out hard enough so that your currently building mass in your muscles? What is your calorie intake at present?
  • ladyccp
    ladyccp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    at looking at ur diary i can tell u what worked for me when i found myself in a rut. Firstly INCREASE ur water intake try to drink as close to 128 ounces per day(that is a gallon)...secondly i use to eat ALL my exercise calories and now i may only eat 20-30% and on a greedy day I will eat 50% back....try these two amendments and see how it works. If you are retaining water from ur sodium intake and muscle retention of water from ur workouts this wil keep u flushed out and I GUARENTEE the scale will start to move....
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This is my first week on the Body For Life Challenge. Check out the food list and exercise plan.

http://bodyforlife.com/library/meal-plans
  • ladyccp
    ladyccp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    also how long have u been eating 1200 calories per day....u may need to eat more..i was on 1200 since oct and i upped mine to 1460 and started drinking tons and tons of water and I hit my goal....
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've had some success in dropping a few lbs by decreasing carbs - not cutting them out, but just eating fewer than usual. I know it's frustrating, but don't give up! You can do this!!