40 lbs before 40th

Options
lolita8910
lolita8910 Posts: 17 Member
edited May 2015 in Motivation and Support
I'm on a mission to get ready for my 40th birthday in September. I have 40 pounds to lose to be the best me I can be! Any other ladies out there turning this milestone age?

Replies

• japplayz
    japplayz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Not a lady but feeling fit @ 40 as of 2 weeks ago
  • lolita8910
    Options
    Yeah I can tell by your pic you look fantastic . Happy 40th ! :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    40lbs in 4 months is going to be tough going and might be a little too ambitious considering you only have 40 to lose. be wary of setting yourself unrealistic or too difficult targets.
  • lolita8910
    Options
    It's the Very end of September and I'm two weeks into it so its 5 total months , avg 2 lbs per week. Seems realistic I thought . Maybe not ?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    See how it goes. I said it not to deter you just to make you aware. You should get a nice bump start at the beginning losing a bit of water weight, but as you gradually have less to lose then it becomes harder to maintain the rate of loss. 5 months makes it much more plausible. Good luck.
  • lolita8910
    Options
    I appreciate the advice ! Thank you :).
  • trekkie_bbs
    trekkie_bbs Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Stick to it. Even if you do not lose all 40 pounds something tells me you will still be happy.
  • lolita8910
    Options
    Thank you ! :)
  • DDWS128
    DDWS128 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am reaching for the 50th milestone which is in November. I am trying for 50 lbs. We can do it.
  • lolita8910
    Options
    Awesome ! We can with determination reach our goals :). I'll be watching your progress
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I started at 188 and I never lost 2 pounds a week. I was thrilled with 1 pound a week and I can tell you at 54, it's tough to do even that. I'm working on my last 5-10 pounds now. I agree with 999tigger to be careful of aggressive goals. Set yourself up to win with an attainable goal of 20-25 pounds maybe? Anything beyond that is gravy. :)
  • GymnasticsMommy
    GymnasticsMommy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Turning 35! And you got this girl!
  • lparker2015
    lparker2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also turning 40 this year and looking to start a new healthier, happier chapter! My goal is bigger then 40lbs (72 overall) and I'm 6 lbs in....I'm hoping for a New Years reveal (at an ambitious 2 lbs a wk) but will be thrilled with even half of that!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    That's a great goal. :smiley: Good luck!
  • Katsville
    Katsville Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm only turning 38 this year but have set myself a plan to be slim and maintaining by the time I'm 40. I do have a lot more to lose than you though (90lbs gasp!). It's a great goal though and the milestone is a great motivation. Good luck!
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Not now, but nearly 5 years ago I decided to do the same thing. I was very overweight, and had been for a long time. I joined a slimming club and lost my 40 within 5 months ( including my birthday and Christmas). I went on to lose a further 30 and have kept it off. Good luck.
  • lolita8910
    Options
    Awesome thanks so much for letting me know it's possible ! :). Congrats to you
  • lolita8910
    Options
    Also turning 40 this year and looking to start a new healthier, happier chapter! My goal is bigger then 40lbs (72 overall) and I'm 6 lbs in....I'm hoping for a New Years reveal (at an ambitious 2 lbs a wk) but will be thrilled with even half of that!

Good for you! Good luck and I hope you make your goal, even half is amazing amount of weight and will make a huge difference :)
  • lolita8910
    Options
    Turning 35! And you got this girl!

Thank you!!! I have to think I can do it or I won't right ? :)