"Did I remember to log what I ate today....?"

Options
Thought I'd wait 365 days (today) to say "hi".

Hi.

Now that I've used myfitnesspal for 365 consecutive days, I'll share my comments about the app and online service.

It works - helps if you have friends (I don't, no one likes me, it's ok). Keeps you honest (if you use it, I did, for 365 consecutive days). It allowed me to lose 45-50lbs (and I don't have any friends, again, no one likes me, it's better that way).

Now the bad. 365 days ago the app was fast, for the most part it did not have non-stop advertisements after every menu (Android app). Today it's just that - adverts, plus it's gotten so bulky in it's programming that it has decreased in speed no less than 35-40% than what it was one year ago. Logging what you eat is easy, logging it with myfitnesspal is a chore.

Oh, and the first thing I ate today when I woke up (knowing this was the 365th, one year anniversary of using myfitnesspal) was a bag of molding beef jerky - by accident, obviously. Awesome. Off to a great start in my second year.

Replies

• anchoredgypsy
    anchoredgypsy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One year! That's some great dedication. I'm 72 days in and it seems like a slow and steady process. Congrats and keep going!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Gz
  • deklarnuvek
    deklarnuvek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One year! That's some great dedication. I'm 72 days in and it seems like a slow and steady process. Congrats and keep going!

Thanks... Yes.. dedication and not forgetting to log what you eat (no matter what). I was 72 days in (more or less) and lost a day, had to start over... learned from my mistake.. I should point out that myfitnesspal has this uncanny ability to make you feel like you should give up all hope and start eating whatever it is you want to, if you lose your streak... just saying... watch for it..
  • deklarnuvek
    deklarnuvek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Gz

"Jimmy Dean - Apple Cinnamon Pancake & Sausage on Stick, 2 stick"

Sorry, had to check...made me hungry....