Fitbit/MFP Sync Issues

Options
(Sorry if posted in wrong section, but not sure where to)

My Fitbit is syncing when I open my Fitbit app and also syncs the calories eaten from My Fitness Pal account but when I open My Fitness Pal it won't sync any data from my Fitbit account. The only way I can get it to sync is disconnecting the Fitbit from MFP and reconnecting it. I've tried a couple things I've read online but nothing helps. Any ideas? I've emailed MFP but no answers yet. Thanks!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Are you seeing MFP data in Fitbit? If so this does sound like a MFP issue and you should wait to hear back from them.

There is also a fitbit user forum here in MFP go here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • _rochelle
    _rochelle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It is showing MFP data so I'm hoping they get back to me... I'll check out the forum.
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey_rochelle did yours return to normal yet? Mine is doing the same and has been since Thursday. Everything works apart from my calories burned aren't transferring from fitbit unless I force them by disconnecting and reconnecting the tracker in mfp. It's really annoying! Not sure whether to wait or email them... Did it help you?
  • _rochelle
    Options
    Nope! Still not working!! I did however here back from tech, sati18 , and I will post what he wrote.
  • _rochelle
    Options
    This was the email reply I got...

Please accept our sincerest apologies, but we are currently experiencing issues with all of our all day Integration partners that also track Steps, such as iOS devices, Fitbit, Garmin, Jawbone, etc.

If you have a Step tracking device, until the problem is corrected, communication with these partners will not be accurate or reliable.

As a result Fitbit currently has also delayed communication with MyFitnessPal please see: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1972979--fitbit-syncing-downtime-5-7-15

Communication with other all day trackers may still be present but should be considered unreliable until we have the issue resolved.

We are truly sorry for this inconvenience and we are doing all we can to get everything working again as it should as soon as possible. We will also post additional status as we have it here: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1970451--members-may-experience-some-steps-issues-5-5-5-7-

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding while we work on resolving these problems. We are hoping that by Monday (if not before) communication should be restored to normal.

Again our apologies,
    Derrick
    MyFitnessPal
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Ah thank you for posting the update and the reply... I was getting concerned because their announcement about it sounded like they considered it fixed... Fingers crossed they manage to get it sorted soon... It s a total pain!
  • _rochelle
    Options
    I know! It's frustrating because I'm a huge over eater and I rely on knowing how many calories I can eat based on MFP after syncing my Fitbit.
  • _rochelle
    Options
    Looks like it's working now!!! Fingers crossed!!!
  • Lorne166
    Lorne166 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have this issue today, been almost 3 hours, any news??