hot teas/ water flavor singles

Options
What are good hot teas that may help curb appetite and help loose weight. And what's your thoughts on Truvia sugar

Replies

• Caffeinated_MES
    Caffeinated_MES Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Green teas, unsweetened, with lemon or citrus flavors.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's just the liquid ...there's no magic ingredient

So drink what you enjoy
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    no tea will help you lose weight, in and of itself.

drink the one you like best. LOL

i have an orange tea i like, and chamomile, and a black tea.
  • kimmaltsev
    kimmaltsev Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What the best honey to put in teas? I been told that 100% pure honey from any brand is really good for you and has help loose weight? Not sure how honey helps since it has a lot of sure.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I prefer coffee to tea but chai and black teas are pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of hot green tea, but I suspect that I would brew the leaves in water that was too hot.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Honey is honey

Both honey and sugar are glucose /fructose

Honey has more calories per teaspoon than sugar but is sweeter

So go with your taste ...again no magic

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Nothing helps you lose weight, but if I just feel like something hot and I've already had my daily caffeine fix, I really like Bigelow's I Love Lemon herb tea.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Tea is for quenching a thirst, not for curbing your appetite.
  • CX24
    CX24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tea can also be soothing, a way to care for yourself, and fill (or distract) late night needs. All good.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    kimmaltsev wrote: »
    What are good hot teas that may help curb appetite and help loose weight. And what's your thoughts on Truvia sugar

Think of it this way: if you are drinking unsweetened tea, or tea with Truvia, you are filling your tummy with no calories, thus you are not eating.

If tea or water or coffee or calorie free soda helps curb your appetite, then drinking that tea is a good thing. But, no drink or food has magic properties to help you lose weight. The only magic in any tea or food is the magic we give it.

The only way to lose weight is to eat at a calorie deficit. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    kimmaltsev wrote: »
    What the best honey to put in teas? I been told that 100% pure honey from any brand is really good for you and has help loose weight? Not sure how honey helps since it has a lot of sure.

No particular food or drink will help you lose weight because they do not have magic properties
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i find tea really helpful because it gives me something soothing with flavor to consume when I'm bored or get the munchies and i've already had my snack or I don't have calories to spend on food at that point in the day. No kind promotes weight loss - it can help you stick to your allotted calories because it fills your stomach with zero impact. Black teas have a tiny bit of potassium. You can get teas with added vitamins. I don't like green tea myself, so I drink what I like. I've got nasty tasting tap water, and I refuse to buy bottled water, so tea keeps me hydrated and makes the water drinkable. I won't say it satisfies hunger - it goes through the body so fast it has no staying power and there's nothing to digest, only to filter. But it curbs the psychological need to put something in my mouth. You do what works for you. Many of us on here do find it helpful not to drink calories, so tea, naturally comes up a lot.
  • rocknroll667
    rocknroll667 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Love Yogi Ginseng Vitality-flavorful and spicy

Roobis red tea is like vanilla

You can buy green tea w/a flavor (green chai, green peach, green blueberry)