Newbie trying to get healthier.

Options
i just had lumbar disc fusion and during my recovery I want to concentrate on a better diet while loosing at least 12 pounds. Wish me luck.

Replies

• LisaMighton
    LisaMighton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow you are doubly impressive! And 8 lbs. lost already!
  • phlebmechelle
    phlebmechelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have just started to diet. I gave up smoking and gained 50 pounds. I waited till I had a year without a smoke to start a diet. This is the hardest thing I have every done because you have to eat. I am truly frustrated.
  • johnreiland
    johnreiland Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow you are doubly impressive! And 8 lbs. lost already!
    That's deceiving because I stopped using the app a while ago and the 8 pounds I list were over more that a year. Sorry for the confusion. Hope your being successful
  • KTOneTwentyTwo
    KTOneTwentyTwo Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    @phlebmechelle it is hard. Set a calorie goal to max 1450. Eat min 1200cal. That way you don't feel like your starving. Try light but filling recipes like www.skinnytaste.com . Make better choices...Look at the calories before eating and decide "will this get me anywhere? Is it worth it?" Then go for something better. Track your meals the night before of what you are going to it and stick to it. Be honest with what you log. No one is judging you. Exercise min 30mins a day. Whatever you like. You can even split it 15mins morning, 15mins afternoon. It's still 30mins. Push yourself everyday too. Losing weight doesn't happen over night.. Comes with hard work and commitment. We all struggle. I've been doing it since March had my ups n downs but I ain't giving up.. That gets me no where if I do. So Good Luck! :smile: Hope you find your groove to a healthier YOU