Dr Oz, Colleen the 700 lb girl and the autopsy

Options
lloydrt
lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
Anyone see yesterdays show, where Dr Oz came down on Colleen(she weighed in at (703,bs ) about only losing one pound over one month. She wasnt getting it, so he took her to his hospital where he works and took her down to the basement and showed her how obesity kills. Youd have to see the show to know what his point was..........she was sticking her head in the sand, while carrying around an extrea 500 lbs while having blood pressure of 180/110........her vitals were mind boggeling and scared the hel out of Dr Oz , and shes still dragging her feet..................

Kind of a scarry show, but for me, it did help me understand the amount of damage that fat causes an obese person........They literally had the mans organs layed out on the table, after his autopsy..........Fat and obesity killed him and took a toll on his liver, which he has cirrosis of the liver, yet never drank, fat on the belly, and his heart had severe swelling and heart disease, This body was ravaged and he was only 100 lbs overweight....Colleen was 5 times more overweight that he was.............

Trust me, next time I think about wanting those Twinkies, Ill remember that show........talk about shocking the shat out of you, just watch the show, its on DrOZ.com and look for yesterdays show, the one with the 700 lb woman and autopsy

Seeing the effects of obesity really wakes you up..............Lloyd

Replies

• LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options
    I wanted to see that show, but I missed it. Sorry (not much of a Dr. Oz fan). But it sounds like it was a really great one to see.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    wow.......thanx for sharing

btw, i HATE twinkies
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'll definitely remember this next time I feel the urge to binge..atleast I hope I will.
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Didn't see it but I love Dr. Oz!
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    The cream filling in twinkies is animal lard..... Gross.
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You have deff peaked my interest. It's always the visuals that get me to stick to the straight and narrow!
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Dang, I was really wanting to watch that one, but I forgot to set my DVR. I wonder if there is anywhere to watch it on the web. I see first hand at the hosptal how morbid obesity affects people's health and that is a huge motivator for me. I know that if I continue on the path I'm going to head that direction.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

I will still eat them ....lol
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Watch it on line! Its 4 parts!

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos?tid=32&tid_1=167
  • Sedonafan
    Sedonafan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where to find that online?.... JUST kidding. Thanks for the links!
  • DancingYogini
    DancingYogini Posts: 377
    Options

I will still eat them ....lol

Actually, they are made with eggs, but no longer beef fat....so technically ovo-vegetarian...still!!!
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting !
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I can't get the videos to work! Only the part 4 video works for me. Parts 1, 2, and 3 just keep looping back to the advertisement before the video. Is anyone else having problems or is it just me?! lol
  • MommaBelvin
    MommaBelvin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i feel as though the link to the videos . . that those videos were missing bits and pieces . . . i didnt get the full effect that i feel everyone else did
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    On my computer it doesn't show the autopsy.
  • Sedonafan
    Sedonafan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can''t find the actual clip with the autopsy :(
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Eewwwww........
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    Eewwwww........
    what are twinkies?
  • skramer13
    skramer13 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was able to watch parts 1 and 2, but part 3 won't work for me. It just skips right to 4. :/