What music motivates you?

Options
Music is one of the most motivational things in the world. I'm looking to expand my exercise playlist and want to know what music you listen to when working out. Let me know.

Replies

• Spartanxi
    Spartanxi Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    All old school linkin park music , I feel like 15 and angry at everything.
  • sing1998
    sing1998 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    "uptown funk" Bruno mars, "them changes" Buddy Miles, "Are you gonna go my way" Lenny Kravitz, "Shake It Off" Taylor Swift, "Her Strut" Bob Seger to name a few.
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I am doing. When I ran the beat need to be fast, techno or house worked great. Lifting required volume and anger, Rage Against the Machine, Linkin Park, Limp Biskit. Biking to me is boring so I want music that distracts me, Motown works. Walking could be anything, in fact I enjoy an Audiobook for the longer walks. What I really want is a good set of noise cancellation headphones. Sometimes it's nice just to tune it all out!
  • Jenadenise1017
    Jenadenise1017 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Spartanxi wrote: »
    All old school linkin park music , I feel like 15 and angry at everything.
    Haha, I have a few songs by linkin park, I'll have to add some more!
  • Jenadenise1017
    Options
    sing1998 wrote: »
    "uptown funk" Bruno mars, "them changes" Buddy Miles, "Are you gonna go my way" Lenny Kravitz, "Shake It Off" Taylor Swift, "Her Strut" Bob Seger to name a few.
    Uptown funk is an amazing workout song! I'll have to check out the rest!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    It depends what I'm doing. A song that just gets me motivated in general is "Roar" by Katy Perry. If I'm running or doing other non-dvd cardio, I like 80's music (I dunno why). For lifting, I like to listen to hard rock like Five Finger Death Punch, Halestorm, or Nonpoint.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Muse does a pretty good job
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    techno. nothing like fast-paced electronic music to get and keep you going.
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My current playlist is full of camp-as-sin pop music - 90s bubblegum, Bey, Cher, Gaga, Britney etc, RuPaul and other drag queens - coupled with some rock, K-pop, pop punk and dirty electro. I love it!
  • Jenadenise1017
    Options
    My current playlist is a variation of newer rock music, upbeat pop, and some older rock. These are all great recommendations. I'm definitely adding a lot of these!
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I like Pandora.

Dance Party radio, Cardio Workout, and Dubstep are my faves.