Interested in Yoga

Options
Kagemori
Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
so I don't know if a similar post has already been made, I apologize in advance if Im repeating someones post.

But im interested in giving yoga a try. ive kinda always been interested in it because was worried about trying it because some of it looks pretty difficult. I don't know of any local classes, and honestly probably couldn't afford them even if I did I probably couldn't afford it plus id be embarrassed in front of a bunch of strangers.

Does anybody know of any good/decent beginner yoga dvds or apps that I could use at home?

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Yoga Journal magazine did a free 21 day yoga challenge a few years ago for beginners that was great. I think you can google and find links to the videos. They were about 15 - 23 minutes each day and focused on different areas of the body. The above one was excellent and I need to find it now because it used exercises that killed my abs, but didn't rely on the typical sit-ups to work your core.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adriene on YouTube is always my recommendation.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Check out DoYogaWithMe.com - free streaming, works very well.
    Huge collection of high quality streams with lots of different styles and instructors.
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It might sound odd but a prenatal yoga dvd... It starts out gentle and helps introduce you to yoga
  • mxmakm
    mxmakm Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adriene on YouTube is always my recommendation.

I love her videos too. I found her when I searched "yoga for beginners" on YouTube and one of her videos came up. I've been doing her 30 day yoga challenge since then.
  • Kagemori
    Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, will definitely look into all those
  • Shokei
    Shokei Posts: 71 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @mxmakm @Virgoddess I agree, yoga with Adriene is great. Her videos got be started as well as DDP Yoga
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'd go to a studio as they offer many intro special plus you can get adjustments and tips about doing the poses properly. Start off with a beginners class and go from there.