Core Exercises

Options
flrancho
flrancho Posts: 271 Member
I am an apple shape and have been reading that some of the best exercises for apple shaped people to do are core exercises. I will be the first to say that I have an extremely weak core - I can't even do a sit up, and I'm lucky if I can even get my upper chest off the floor - more often than not I can only get my head neck and shoulders up.

I've also seen planks recommended, which look easy enough, but I have dislocating knee caps and my knees don't exactly align very nicely with the rest of my leg (really bad Q-angle) and planks, which looked so easy, are very painful if not impossible with my knees.

What are other good core exercises I can do besides planks and sit ups/crunches, that won't kill my knees? Looking for really easy, moderate, and harder exercises. Though I know I'm going to have to start with the really easy ones since my core is so weak.

Replies

• stumpytiny
    stumpytiny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Body weight squats

• jarrahm133
    jarrahm133 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Not sit-ups but something similar: sit straight on the ground with legs straight out, lean back until you feel muscles working and hold that position for 20 secs, sit up straight again and repeat.
    Idk if this would be ok for you to do but it's an easy core exercise.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    jarrahm133 wrote: »
    Not sit-ups but something similar: sit straight on the ground with legs straight out, lean back until you feel muscles working and hold that position for 20 secs, sit up straight again and repeat.
    Idk if this would be ok for you to do but it's an easy core exercise.

I'm going to try that, I'm limited to what exercise I can do and my core is embarrassingly weak