MFP calorie adjustment is really starting to piss me off!!

Options
Is there any way to turn off this calorie adjustment? Today I had a over 2600 calorie adjustment and had to erase it again. Last week I went through the entire month and erased thousands of "MFP added calories STOP PLEASE STOP your screwing up my diet!! I'm active average 20000 to 32000 steps a day easily and eat over 2000 calories a day I lose about a pound a week which I'm happy with but to throw over 2600 MFP calories on to my diet is just wrong!! Example from today

Thank you if you can help if not good bye..

y665cap9v9bp.jpg

How does this equal 2600 calories??? I would be 275 again!!

u2zk2wl6mco5.png

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Go to My Home, Settings, diary settings and uncheck "enable negative calorie adjustment"
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    not seeing that option` cute kid congrats!!
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Perhaps go back and check your settings again
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

You're the only one who can't see it then. Don't act sh1tty to people trying to help you.

• leinbacker
    leinbacker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also would like to get rid of this feature, and do not have the option in my settings either. I worked in the garden for 5 hours today, and I know I burned calories (I've got the sweat to prove it!), but I agree, Michael190lbs- I was way OVER what I should have consumed today, but because of this negative adjustment, I am totally in the green with only 190 net calories! I could basically start over and eat another 1300 calories! I'd be gaining weight big time.
  • Karenmm1960
    Karenmm1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can't see that option either.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options

You're the only one who can't see it then. Don't act sh1tty to people trying to help you.

whaaaat?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Disable your activity tracker from syncing with MFP. Go to the app, and hit the disconnect button.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It's not in the web-browser settings or iOS version. Maybe on Android.

• brianam204
    brianam204 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's not in the web-browser settings or iOS version. Maybe on Android.

It is in the browser, but not in the Android app. I had to use my laptop to enable my girlfriend's.

It's in the diary section.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Go to My Home, Settings, diary settings and uncheck "enable negative calorie adjustment"

But this won't solve the problem, since the OP's device is giving higher daily calorie burns, not lower.

Instead, this is the solution, I think:
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Disable your activity tracker from syncing with MFP. Go to the app, and hit the disconnect button.

If you feel the numbers your device is giving you is messing up your MFP numbers, then just disconnect. Boom! Problem solved.

• Michael190lbs
    edited May 2015
    Options

How was that acting sh!tty it was a compliment and obviously your wrong looking at the other responses..

Still not seeing it but Thank you all for trying I do have an Iphone 6- I could disconnect the app I guess but load my biking as 1 calorie as well and my guess is MFP is adjusting for that too.. I'll just stop throwing my exercise on the site as well doesn't make much sense to me..

Does this forum have moderators? Maybe one of you can chime in??

• Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    OP the settings they are telling to use are only available on the website, there is no way to do it from the Iphone short of completely disconnecting the device
  • Michael190lbs
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I don't have a button on this FORUM to turn it off if I do I'm going to the eye doctor

dsulw8xs5dsx.jpg

xz6khcs0lqkj.jpg

• weavingtheweb
    weavingtheweb Posts: 135 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Scroll a bit further, right below meal names it says Calorie Adjustments: Dis/Enable Negative Adjustments

However, turning that off won't solve the issue.

"We are working on tightening some things up on the back end surrounding our Steps feature within the MyFitnessPal program over the next 24-48 hours. This relates to both integration partners that send steps to MyFitnessPal, and feature that tracks steps directly from the M7/M8 chip within the iPhone. Some users may experience issues (like duplicated or increased step counts), while others may not see any impact."
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1970451--members-may-experience-some-steps-issues-5-5-5-8-

Only work around would be to disable the steps from counting by disconnecting you phone and log them as an exercise yourself
  • millsrobm
    millsrobm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Turning this off seems to be one of the new premium features. So you can either upgrade, manually delete it everyday, or disconnect whatever device you're using.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I wonder if it's only given to people who use a device like Fitbit or Jawbone. The option should have been right under meal names.
    Are you just using your iPhone for the steps?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    disconnect you activity tracker from MFP it's that easy.

Enabling negative adjustments isn't going to help as there are none and won't be any based on activity.

Or

Go change your activity settings here in MFP. Do you have it set to sedentary? or lightly active?

Set it to active.
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Mine from iphone 6 plus hase ben acting crazy. There was a thread on it and a support notice so it was a known issue that last heard was yet to be resolved. yesterday mine added like an xtra 1000 and claimed I had 28,000 steps but I had 14,000. I just ignored it and only focused on my garmin calories from my HRM running watch and an hour run. So it isn't just happening to you ( which means it is unlikely you can fix it) and it didn't seem to have a fix yet. One short hand would be average calories for 10k steps is 500 ( or so I have read) so you could limit your eating back to 500 per 10k until they sort it out.
    For me I am just eating my running calories and the steps I am ignoring since they have been nuts for days.

As of last week the negative calorie feature was only on a computer browser ( not tablet browser and not the app). That isn't to say they haven't changed it with the roll out of premium.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options