MFP calorie adjustment is really starting to piss me off!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I was listed as active- Here is what I have figured out If I set my exercise to zero and calories burned to 1 then delete my fitness pal app on my phone and turn it off here It shouldn't load extra calories..

Not very motivating at this point My 2 cents
  • weavingtheweb
    weavingtheweb Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You can keep using the app on your phone, just turn steps off in the settings.
    They are working on it so keep an eye on the link I provided above and turn steps back on once it's fixed.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I think it's a premium only feature. To turn off the calories burned by exercise, but keep the exercise logged
  • c53204
    c53204 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The negative adjustment is ONLY for people with a FitBit device linked. Anyone using iPhone, Microsoft Band, etc, etc do not get this option.

To be honest, I think MFP has tried to connect too many 'partners' and it's sytems can't cope - not every device will work the same way - customers are now finding that out.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Your tracker burn is TDEE. Your default MFP calorie goal is activity level minus deficit. Adjustments are the difference between your tracker burn and your MFP activity level. If (and only if) you enable negative calorie adjustments in your diary settings, eating back your adjustments means you're eating TDEE minus deficit.

Click on the adjustment to see the math MFP used to calculate it. To turn off adjustments, disconnect your tracker or pay for MFP Premium.
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    c53204 wrote: »
    The negative adjustment is ONLY for people with a FitBit device linked. Anyone using iPhone, Microsoft Band, etc, etc do not get this option.

To be honest, I think MFP has tried to connect too many 'partners' and it's sytems can't cope - not every device will work the same way - customers are now finding that out.

Okay so, months ago, I couldn't see the option to turn on negative calorie adjustments, my iPhone 6 tracks my steps. So I just left it. Then a few weeks later, all of a sudden, the option was there, I haven't upgraded or anything. I think they just have a bug in their system which causes issues with seeing this option. Everyone who can and can't see the negative calorie adjustment option are correct. I've seen it both ways. You just have to wait it out.

Also OP, since you have a decent calorie allotment and if you're not eating back walking steps, disconnect it from MFP and just track your steps in HealthKit.
  • edmayfield61
    edmayfield61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue - started last week just adding calories - kind of kills the whole point of the app - wrote cust service but no joy - very annoying
  • edmayfield61
    edmayfield61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I should have specified it's adding exercise calories
  • quackmeow
    quackmeow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know this is a very old post. But for the sake of others who may be looking for this information, I wanted to clarify something: "Calorie Adjustment" and "Increasing Exercise Calories" are two different things, I think people are getting them confused.

"Calorie adjustment" is an attribute of connected apps (i.e.: syncing MapMyRun with MFP to allow MFP to list those calories in your diary). It's really complicated, but they try to explain it here: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1084232-what-is-the-calorie-adjustment-in-my-exercise-diary- I don't like this feature for a few reasons and wish I knew a way to turn it of and just track the calories burned without adjusting them. (if anyone knows, pls let me know) Even more complicated is the option Negative Calorie Adjustment.

"Increase exercise calories" is a setting you can find (on my current version on iPhone, Premium membership) in More>Goals>Exercise Calories (at the very bottom). Here you can choose to have your daily total allotment of calories increase with your exercise calories or not. I agree with SimoneBee12 that it either didn't exist before or when I upgraded to premium, it was part of that package.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    edited to delete
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    edited to delete
  • jbc1027
    jbc1027 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There is actually a way to turn it off in the MyFitnessPal app.

- Click the "More" tab at the bottom.
    - Click "goals".
    - Scroll to the bottom and click "Exercise Calories"
    - Toggle "Adjust My Calorie Goal"

That's it.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    For me the setting is in goals. I use these steps:
    - from the dashboard Home Screen click the 3 dots for ‘more’
    - Then click ‘goals’
    - Scroll to the bottom there is an item called something like ‘exercise use calorie adjustment’ —> click that and turn it off.

Good luck.