What do you eat before working out ? Pre workout ?

Options
lauraweres
lauraweres Posts: 22 Member
I have been training for 2 2/2 years now ! And im always intrigued about what people have to give them the energy they need before a workout !
you always see and hear about people's post workouts but never pre workout!
So either if your training : cardio
: weights
: Hiit

I used to have a banana whey protein and 0% greek yoghart :p

Replies

• 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    For all, I like to eat a banana. Half if it's just a short run, whole if it's longer. Also, a piece of (gluten free) toast with only a little bit of butter works for me :)

Pretty much anything low fat, low fiber and high carb.
  • lauraweres
    Options
    For all, I like to eat a banana. Half if it's just a short run, whole if it's longer. Also, a piece of (gluten free) toast with only a little bit of butter works for me :)

Sounds good! ... Thanks for sharing! what do you think about weight training , do you think a protein shake is ideal?
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    high proten, some carb and then i'm good.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I do crossfit, generally after work where I'm lucky if I get to eat a quest bar for lunch. I'll usually just chug down some flavored BCAAs to help me get through it.
  • lauraweres
    Options
    kpodaru wrote: »
    high proten, some carb and then i'm good.

And what do you train ? ☺
  • ffswmn
    ffswmn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I am working with my trainer I usually have 1/2 a pb and honey on 100% whole wheat bread. When I am just doing treadmill I don't eat anything.
  • lauraweres
    Options
    rejectuf wrote: »
    I do crossfit, generally after work where I'm lucky if I get to eat a quest bar for lunch. I'll usually just chug down some flavored BCAAs to help me get through it.

I never have done crossfit before ! What does that involve?
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    lauraweres wrote: »

Sounds good! ... Thanks for sharing! what do you think about weight training , do you think a protein shake is ideal?

I don't do heavy weight training, so nut sure. My boyfriend does though, I usually see him eat bread before and a protein shake after!
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    lauraweres wrote: »
    rejectuf wrote: »

I never have done crossfit before ! What does that involve?

A mix of strength training and high intensity interval training. Normally you'd go to a gym specifically designed for it with a coach who takes care of putting together a class consisting of a warm-up, some kind of strength training, and then a 10-20 minute workout. Lots of barbell work, some gymnastic movements, and olympic lifting involved.

It's known for a pretty supportive group atmosphere that encourages you to push yourself. Unfortunately, many gyms and coaches are of poor quality and give the rest of them a bad name.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing a serious long run, I always eat .5 cup of oatmeal and a sugarfree red bull. But if it's just weight lifting or a short run I usually eat an egg. I'm not much of a morning eater.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I like to go workout after work, so I usually chug a protein shake, adding a cheese stick or a small banana if I know it's a long session before I leave.

It takes anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours to get home, so if I'm still hungry I'll go home and have a full dinner, rest, and then go to the gym. Dinner varies. I just eat dinner after the gym if I make it there first.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Anything works for me except oatmeal if I'm going to do any kind of impact. For some reason it always makes me sick if I have some before jumping or running.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Dinner. I just eat a good dinner 2-3 hours before I go to the dojo. Usually around 6-700 calories and with a good balance of protein and carbs.
  • iphonechik
    iphonechik Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A Banana!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Before I lift I like a strong coffee, either black or even with a little milk and sugar. I really like having a bit of dark chocolate or 0% greek yogurt with PB2 mixed in as well.
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    i like to have a spoonful of peanut butter, but i train early morning so i dont have time for a proper meal before hand