help !!

Options
So I'm new to this but I'm tired of hating the way I look and every night I swear I'm going to try and the next day I'm doing the same thing. My biggest issues are chocolate and sprite , I have both of these at least once a day & I know its horrible but its like I'm addicted. Do any of you have any tips on curving cravings and any substitutes on these because I feel like I NEED the sugar . thank you ! -Carla

Replies

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Why cut the things you like? You can eat what you want in moderation. Just make them fit into your calorie goals.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Get the calorie free sprite to start.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I think sugar cravings and addictions are definitely real. When I started, I just decided to go cold turkey and no refined sugar (I didn't give up fruit). I had some sugar free candies for emergency cravings and did have diet soda but it wasn't easy for sure...at least for the first few days. BUT I made it through and now can have a chocolate or just as easy not have one...fruit is my favorite sweet treat, and I'll splurge and spend $$ on my favorites even if out of season (enjoying watermelon as we speak).

You can do it, it will take will power for sure. I also like to tell myself that I can enjoy my favorites again someday...just not today (as opposed to never).

I know moderation works for some people with this topic, but I found I had to totally give it up just to get started.
  • carlaprindle24
    carlaprindle24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Thank you , I'll try it !
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Just take it in moderation. Track all your food and fit them within your calorie goals.
  • carlaprindle24
    Options
    I'm really bad at moderation , sometimes I feel like I don't have a full button until my stomach hurts so I think it'd be best for me to cut them.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Obvious, but great advice. Two cans of cola per day is about 320 calories. Cut those out and even if you do NOTHING else, that should help you lose over half a pound per week (26+ per year).
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Get the Sprite Zero. It tastes really good! And as long as you eat chocolate in moderation you will be fine!
  • namarc0
    namarc0 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    First of all, I have chocolate almost everyday. I love it and will never give it up. The key here is moderation. Sugar is addicting and you may need to completely eliminate it for a bit until you get your cravings under control, but you shouldn't have to get rid of it forever. Try limiting yourself to one square or going to sprite zero and saving it for the same time each day. (I always have mine shortly before I go to bed.) It makes it easier to say no to something now if you know you can have some later. It's a treat, so it should be treated that way. Good luck!!
  • carlaprindle24
    Options
    Thank you everybody ! I can never talk about this with my anybody . I'm glad I joined ! Thank you again . & if anybody else has any other ideas or tips PLEASE LET ME KNOW