Sweets

Options
2»

Replies

• barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every day I'll have a serving of quark (125g soft cheese, like cottage cheese/Greek yoghurt, but with more protein) a large tablespoon of peanut butter (about 25g) & a smashed up banana, mixed together & sprinkled with cinnamon for dessert.

It's delicious, healthy & naturally sweet. I can't really explain what it tastes like, except to draw tenuous comparisons with banoffee pie.
    That sounds like it could work.

Canned fruit in juice (important, juice - not syrup) is also really good for mixing with plain yoghurt, the juice forms its own light, thin syrup under the canning process. Again, naturally sweet, and half a can with some plain yoghurt (or quark, I eat a lot of quark...) & a few nuts is healthy, filling & balanced. I particularly like peaches.

Most of my snacks/desserts are some form of fruit, nuts & yoghurt. Dark chocolate for good measure, too. There's a huge variety of combinations possible.

I'll make something else occasionally (like these granola bars) but for everyday snacking/desserts the above works really well.

What is quark?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I take the total amount of calories I'm allowed and divide it up each day to determine how much I should eat for different meals.
    Currently, to maintain I need 1,600 calories and I've been most successful having 400 for breakfast, 160 for my first mid-day snack (usually a bag of dry cereal), 140 for my next snack (I don't really eat lunch, as you can see), 500-550 for dinner, and 350-400 for dessert.
    This breakdown encourages me to be "good" and fill up on low calorie, nutritious options during the day and have room every night for a good portion of whatever I may be craving as a reward for following my plan. I try to opt for lower calorie goodies such as Greek frozen yogurt, hot cocoa, but sometimes I may want a super indulgent dark chocolate bar or even a Reese's. Whatever the case, you can generally satisfy yourself with 350-400 calories!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every day I'll have a serving of quark (125g soft cheese, like cottage cheese/Greek yoghurt, but with more protein) a large tablespoon of peanut butter (about 25g) & a smashed up banana, mixed together & sprinkled with cinnamon for dessert.

It's delicious, healthy & naturally sweet. I can't really explain what it tastes like, except to draw tenuous comparisons with banoffee pie.

Canned fruit in juice (important, juice - not syrup) is also really good for mixing with plain yoghurt, the juice forms its own light, thin syrup under the canning process. Again, naturally sweet, and half a can with some plain yoghurt (or quark, I eat a lot of quark...) & a few nuts is healthy, filling & balanced. I particularly like peaches.

Most of my snacks/desserts are some form of fruit, nuts & yoghurt. Dark chocolate for good measure, too. There's a huge variety of combinations possible.

I'll make something else occasionally (like these granola bars) but for everyday snacking/desserts the above works really well.

What is quark?

A dairy like cottage cheese that's disgusting tasting by itself, but mixed with other stuff an amazing source of protein.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I eat dessert every night. I'm hoping to have enough calories tonight for apple pie a la mode!
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I keep my candies in a candy box, in the cupboard... it's supposed to keep me monitoring the intake better, and sometimes it works : )))))) hahah .... for a nice recipe, I like to mix greek yogurt, nutella, oats, and chia.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm in the save up calories to fit them in group too

However you could also look at www.skinnytaste.com www.ambitiouskitchen.com or www.eatingwell.com for low calorie ideas for all meals as well as sweet treats
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    For me the trick is to find what I crave (always sugary/sweet, never savoury haha!) in portioned packs - a Snickers ice cream for 179 calories, an Aero biscuit for 99, a Mr Kipling bannoffee slice, etc. It may cost more for the convenience of individual packs but worth it to see a decrease on the scales... plus I wouldn't trust myself to just have a scoop of Ben and Jerry's!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

I'm making those granola bars. They look delicious!
  • KingoftheLilies
    KingoftheLilies Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

I'm making those granola bars. They look delicious!

I made some earlier with pecans & dried cranberries, and another bunch for my girlfriend with pistachios & dried apricots. So adaptable & tasty. Even put chocolate in them on occasion. Hope you enjoy them.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Sweet breakfasts help, or I often have a square of chocolate (50-80 calories), a couple cookies (140 calories) or a serving of ice cream (usually under 250 calories).
  • mummypops
    mummypops Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I often put meringue, home made or a shop bought nest in a fruit yoghurt. Creates a sweet dessert and nice with added fruit.
    Easily managed within your calorie allowance.

Good luck with finding the right treat.