Odd food diary hours

Options
Does anyone else use "non traditional" hours for your diary?

I recently had to move back in with my Mum and I'm struggling to log properly as she does the evening meal and I never know what she will cook. I have control over what I eat during the day. I am thinking about logging from 6pm-6pm so that I can include whatever she cooks and then my meals the next day until dinner again. This would still work wouldn't it?

Just curious whether anyone else does something like this and if it is working for you?

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    My day is from when I wake up till I go to bed. What time it is is irrelevant.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    SMCLosesIt wrote: »
    Does anyone else use "non traditional" hours for your diary?

I recently had to move back in with my Mum and I'm struggling to log properly as she does the evening meal and I never know what she will cook. I have control over what I eat during the day. I am thinking about logging from 6pm-6pm so that I can include whatever she cooks and then my meals the next day until dinner again. This would still work wouldn't it?

Just curious whether anyone else does something like this and if it is working for you?

If it works for you, go for it! In my religious month (Ramadan) when we're fasting from dawn till dusk, I would usually log my pre-dawn meal in the previous day, then everything I ate after the fast was logged in the current day. It worked for me. Your body doesn't "reset" after midnight like the diary does, so it can definitely still work just fine. :)
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Actually a great idea. You could just flip breakfast and dinner when logging. As long as it covers a 24 period it shouldn't matter and as you can, that way you know what you're dealing with.
  • tdillabo
    tdillabo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I work nights so on those days (like today) my dinner / snacks etc are all eaten during the night....I go to bed the following day @ 08:30 and my new day starts when I get up....I change back when I am not working so I always have one day where I seem to eat endlessly and my first day off where I hardly eat at all because I'm sleeping most of it....
  • ausher8
    ausher8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My diary spans an entire 24 hours. 6 blocks of 4 hours. I don't think in terms of breakfast, lunch, and dinner because that doesn't help me know how much or when I'm eating. I hated the MFP default labels within 2 days of signing up. I would have quit if I hadn't changed mine to hours instead.