New to fitnesspal! Hoping it works!

Options
Lucy_S08
Lucy_S08 Posts: 6 Member
Hello there!

My name is Lucy and I was introduced to this app by one of my friends. I'm trying to lose about 10-15 pounds. I'm 5'1, and currently weigh 127. I have 2 kids and some baby pouch :(. I've done a week of counting my calories. I will weigh myself this upcoming week to see if any progress. Will I start seeing it right away? I eat about 1200 calories a day, should I eat less???? I work out about 3x a week, mostly cardio and some weight. What's been your experience?? New friends are welcomed :)
P.S
My profile pic is how I look now...advice please!!

Replies

• williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It works if your accurate with your logging. If you are guessing how much you are eating it's going to appear like it's not working. If you don't have a food scale, you should probably get one to be accurate. Account for everything when logging. Good luck.
  • Corpsebride81
    Corpsebride81 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me x you look fab in this picture by the way, in my experience your probably not eating enough, do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • Lucy_S08
    Options
    It works if your accurate with your logging. If you are guessing how much you are eating it's going to appear like it's not working. If you don't have a food scale, you should probably get one to be accurate. Account for everything when logging. Good luck.
    I have two scales and somehow I don't trust neither of them. What I do is I put a 15 pound weight and adjust it. I'm trying my best to log everything. Hopefully I get better with this program, thanks William!!

• Lucy_S08
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me x you look fab in this picture by the way, in my experience your probably not eating enough, do you eat back your exercise calories?

Wow, thanks for your comment!! I'm not much of a big eater actually, I eat small meals pretty often. I don't think I'm eating back my calories. At times I'm left with a couple calories. I eat a banana so I can at least have ate 1200. What should I do???
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have two scales and somehow I don't trust neither of them. What I do is I put a 15 pound weight and adjust it. I'm trying my best to log everything. Hopefully I get better with this program, thanks William!!

A 15 pound weight on a food scale? Are you sure it's a scale to weigh your food and not yourself?
  • tamilynn64
    tamilynn64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just rejoined have myfitnesspal. I am excited to get this moving again. I actually been logging for about two weeks now. I started at 245 and am down to 234.6 currently. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about two months ago so I have to revamp my lifestyle! It is working so far and hope to continue. I am having problems though lowering my (BS) blood sugars. I am not sure what is the cause but I am hopeful to keep learning more about the disease so that I can get the BS within range! Good luck to everyone! I hope I get some great feedback from here and I will support you too! We're in this together right? Have a great evening!
  • Lucy_S08
    Options

A 15 pound weight on a food scale? Are you sure it's a scale to weigh your food and not yourself?
    It's a scale to weigh myself! I'm not familiar with a food scale.....

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose about 10-15 pounds. I'm 5'1, and currently weigh 127.

I will weigh myself this upcoming week to see if any progress. Will I start seeing it right away?

I eat about 1200 calories a day, should I eat less????

Learn to log everything you eat & drink accurately and honestly. Buy a kitchen scale, and weigh everything you eat until you learn proper portions. Everything.

Set your goal to .5 lb. per week—which is way more than 1,200 calories—and be patient.

Read the Sexypants post: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1