14lbs down and clothes still tight!

Options
Hi was just wondering how much weight you lost before clothes started to feel loose? I'm 5ft 4 and have gone from 196lbs to 182lbs. People say I look slimmer and the scales are showing good results but I'm still a UK 16 in pants!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'd say after about a stone and a half (my clothes were v tight(!) so they firstly fitted well and then became loose). I'd say when you're 175 they'll start to feel loose.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    In sizes above a 10/12-there's more room (sorry, is that a bad way to put it?) between sizes. A lot of women find themselves not going down a size with that much weight lost. You'll probably go down to a 14 soon.
  • leslileberman
    leslileberman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've lost 18 pounds and am still in the same size right now. Definitely not uncommon, I've heard it from a lot of other women I've talked to! Pants are definitely a bit looser in some areas, but can't fit stomach into a smaller size yet:( keep up the good work!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds and am finally able to fit into a 16, from an 18. I thought it was never going to happen!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I had to lose 20 pounds before I went down a pants size- just me and my pear shape I guess. ;)
  • namarc0
    namarc0 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements and see where you're actually losing the weight. I tend to lose my boobs, face, and as first. All places that, honestly I wish would go last. Also, they don't really affect how my clothes fit so it always takes a little longer for my sizes to go down. Keep it up! Don't get discouraged. The fact that the scale is showing a decrease means you are doing great!
  • ClurWelsh
    ClurWelsh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm glad it's not just me!!! Thanks for your help everyone, I'm feeling positive again
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I was us size 16 at 196. I didn't drop one size until about 175. But at 166 now I'm just about down a second size. Clothes sizes are weird. We all know that.
  • mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i have lost 22 and gone down pants but all my tops are still snug prob will start to feel different once i hit 35 pounds