Exercise Post-Jillian Michaels

Options
Hi, all:

I've reached the point where I can do the advanced version of Jillian Michaels' workouts with relative ease. 30-Day Shred, Ripped in 30, No More Trouble Zones, Killer Buns and Thighs, Six-Week Six-Pack -- you name it, I've probably done it (and I've also grown to like Christine Khuri's workouts at GymRa). Lately, I've been doing the same workouts over again with heavier weights, which I suppose would get the job done, but I'd like to mix things up a little more. Any suggestions as to where/to whom to turn next? I tried Insanity the other day with a friend, but I'm not quite there yet!

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Replies

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Have you tried JM's one week shred? Just the workout, not the diet plan. I'm pretty curious about that one, it's supposed to be for intermediate to advanced level exercisers.
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    p90x or body beast. lift the weight that challenges you! these are amazing programs
  • PuppyPuppy12
    PuppyPuppy12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yup, I've done One-Week Shred! It was okay, I just think I've hit a plateau with a lot of Jillian's stuff.

Thanks, kpodaru!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I'd also vote for P90X and Body Beast. P90X is a general fitness program with emphasis on resistance training, and has some basic cardio thrown in (way less than Insanity does). Body Beast, on the other hand, is targeted towards building muscle mass. So I'd pick one based on your goals.
  • leti33
    leti33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I change my workouts pretty regularly. I love a lot of the beach body workouts. Also on YouTube you can get free workout videos. Pinterest has a lot of circuits , cardio workouts too.
  • PuppyPuppy12
    PuppyPuppy12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'm tempted to try P90X3 (the at-home one). The only thing is that I don't have a pull-up bar at home, and since the rules of my lease don't allow me to hang pictures, I assume I wouldn't be able to install one of these either. Can P90X3 be successfully done without this? If so, how? Thanks so much!