o.k. tell me about your euphoric moment aka runner's high!

Options
c2sky
c2sky Posts: 487 Member
A sunny, warm morning is the best in the northwest. We always appreciate it more because we do get more rain than most. Everything is soooooooo green and fresh from the rain, and the sun warms my soul and shines on all the glorious sights around me. Then I took a 40 minute walk with a friend.

After that I started my run, and I just KNEW this was going to be one good run. I decided to shoot for 7.5 miles, and I made it no problem. I saw lots of people on the bike trail, lots of dogs, lots of cyclists. I hit my mile goal, for the first time since the half marathon I ran last year. I went around a bend and saw a group of cyclists taking a break in the park. They had passed me only moments before. They all gave me a thumbs up, and voila.............pure indescribable euphoria!!!! It all hit me like a warm bucket of water, and I felt better than I have in months. Stress GONE!

Now you......please share!

Replies

• cthomps
    cthomps Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Finished my first 5K in April (HUGE accomplishment for me) - and have been addicted to running ever since!! I love it! I have never ever in my life been a runner but I sure do enjoy it now - a great stress reliever!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I was about to cross the finish line of my first 5k last November and I was picturing my boyfriend on the sidelines, hoping he'd be there (though realistically knowing he probably never found the finish line - lol) and I just started running as fast as I could. My legs started to get tingly and go numb and it felt like I was running so fast I could just lift off! Once I crossed the finish line, I couldn't stop running. I wanted to keep running forever. I slowed down and jogged a little further until one of the race volunteers told me he needed my # from my shoes. Oops!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Toward the very end of my first 5K (a week ago), I saw the big timer at the finish line. It read 39 minutes. My goal was to run it in less than 40, so I sprinted. made it in 39:39. Fantastic feeling!
  • c2sky
    Options
    I was about to cross the finish line of my first 5k last November and I was picturing my boyfriend on the sidelines, hoping he'd be there (though realistically knowing he probably never found the finish line - lol) and I just started running as fast as I could. My legs started to get tingly and go numb and it felt like I was running so fast I could just lift off! Once I crossed the finish line, I couldn't stop running. I wanted to keep running forever. I slowed down and jogged a little further until one of the race volunteers told me he needed my # from my shoes. Oops!

haa haa.......Did you tell him you didn't want the tingling to end?
  • rlawrimore
    rlawrimore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Getting about 1 mile into a 5k run and just felt so good. I told myself I was going to finish this time with ease. I did.
  • c2sky
    Options
    I'm lovin' it. I'm going to go do some work. When I log in at lunch, I want to read so many more. Love it!!!!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Toward the very end of my first 5K (a week ago), I saw the big timer at the finish line. It read 39 minutes. My goal was to run it in less than 40, so I sprinted. made it in 39:39. Fantastic feeling!

When I came around the bend of my 5K last weekend, the timer was below my goal too, I almost cried!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    The other day was a horrible day, I almost talked myself out of my jog. Glad I didnt' I took that horrible day and ran it off, recorded my fastest mile and was in a great mood the whole time I was running!
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I ran a Mother's Day 10k this year and they let your kids cross the finish line with you so my eight ran towards me at the end and then held my hand crossing the finish line...It was the only moment of running I have enjoyed so far...LOL!
  • lisseth82
    lisseth82 Posts: 28
    Options
    I went with my bestfriend and a friend to run early am at a new scenic park. I had just begun lifting weights again since having my 21month old so my body felt strong. BFF power walked along and friend ran along side me for about a mile she then gave me the signal to go ahead and pass her so I did, little did I know I kept jogging for 6miles straight, never got tired or short winded, had great music which a must for me. The feeling was awesome! My first runners high.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options

haa haa.......Did you tell him you didn't want the tingling to end?

lol No, I was EXHAUSTED!!!
  • LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options
    One time, when I was living in Phoenix, I decided to go for a long 6 mile run and then just come home. Well, I was in a great pace and I just had this feeling of euphoria come over me. I didn't even take a break to walk, like I normally did! I just kept on running, running, and running. No walk breaks ever! I felt so good, I could have run a marathon that day. But I did the 6 miles and after went for a long swim at the pool in the apartment complex that I had lived at.

I definitely had that "Runner's High" that day. I've had that feeling a few times in my life (a few times while I was in the Army and back when I first started running in high school).
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    I ran a marathon last Aug, when i hit 38kms anything after that was the longest run I had ever done. When I saw the finish line it no longer fely like my bones were grinding in my ankles... suddenly the pain dissapeared. Finishing that race one of the best moments of my life, and under my goal time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!