Fitness trackers

Options
I asked in a different section earlier about the yoo 2 fitness tracker because I found it for 50% off because I didn't expect to be able to buy something more expensive for a few weeks but I sold my spare vehicle tonight!! So I'm wondering what fitness trackers people use and like. Do you have a preference toward a watch style vs something that clips on? Are they really worth buying when your phone can track your steps fairly accurately?

Replies

• bareessentials56
    bareessentials56 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge HR and I got it on special for 30% off so it wasnt to badly priced. I got the black one so I dont mind wearing it on my wrist all the time. I've tried clip ons before before but I prefer the wrist ones.I just take it off at night because I'm not worried about the sleep tracking or if I do want to wear it that night I loosen it heaps to prevent marks on my wrist
  • chelsmaee7
    chelsmaee7 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge HR and I got it on special for 30% off so it wasnt to badly priced. I got the black one so I dont mind wearing it on my wrist all the time. I've tried clip ons before before but I prefer the wrist ones.I just take it off at night because I'm not worried about the sleep tracking or if I do want to wear it that night I loosen it heaps to prevent marks on my wrist

I've been looking at the different Fitbit options for quite some time now. I really think a wrist one would be the best.. I'm sure I would forget about the clip on one too often. I have my phone on me 90% of the time though which is my biggest issue in deciding if I want one at all. But I am interested in the sleep tracking with the wearables. Have you tried using it for that ever?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Activity trackers like Fitbit calculate your TDEE (aka your maintenance calories). When you connect one to your MFP account, it adjusts your calorie goal every day to TDEE minus deficit.

They can track your sleep, too. And Fitbit challenges against your friends are great motivation.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • rpwpyw
    rpwpyw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a Vivofit I wear all the time except in the shower. Don't have to bother with charging batteries. I will change them once a year. I can see on the Vivofit how many steps I have taken. Syncs with my fitness pal. Also has Vivofit app for my computer or I Phone.