40 Pounds to lose

Options
Hello Everyone,

My name is Lynn, and I have 40 stubborn pounds I want to lose. I know the journey will be tough but I am ready to start. I recently started going to the gym 2x a week for barre and body pump classes. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thank you

Replies

• JillianRN527
    JillianRN527 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Me too girl! We can do this! Ask a trainer at the gym to show you how all the equipment works!

I'm down a little over 7lb in two weeks. I ate horrible today for Mother's Day but I'm not eating for the rest of the day and tomorrow is a new day.

I set goals for myself. I have 18lb left until I buy myself new gym clothes. Don't forget to reward yourself. This is hard work!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Weigh your foods, eat at a slight deficit (don't have a stupidly low intake like a lot of people, it's better to lose slower and consistently than faster then complain about plateaus and such) log consistently and don't get down heartened if you have a few days or even a week where it won't budge. Keep at it and you'll see results!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you- you can do this!! Read the success stories for inspiration and remember- it's all about consistency and persistence and of course a calorie deficit.
  • tinchen74
    tinchen74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping back on the mfp wagon! My goal is 40lbs as well. I am so easily sidetracked, I really have to work on consistency and I need to stay focused and keep tracking! Good Luck to you! You can do it!
  • lanalovestar
    lanalovestar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My goal is 50 + Lbs and I'm ready to make a lifestyle change. Being a recovering yo-yo dieter I'd say meal prep equals success. Also planning your meals and workouts the day prior. ~~stay positive
  • shiquirlin
    shiquirlin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. My weakness is a ice cold pepsi, oouugghh!!!! I can do it!!!!!!