Sex and Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    LOL....this is great.

I am going to wear the chest strap and monitor next time. I think we should start a new forum called HRM-Inter. We should all record what our HR and burn numbers were for the session. To avoid embarrassment, I will not post duration.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Are we talkin' lunch break or all-nighter?
    Def all night, and very active most of time

Show Off!! :laugh:
  • Cbeth80
    Cbeth80 Posts: 49
    Options
    I wanted to know the same thing...thanks for asking!
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    it burns hardly any calories despite how great you or he thinks you are...not worth counting ( though depending on your rating on the freaky scale, you may want to log those calorie free proteins you ingested)

GROSS- about the calorie free proteins..by the way..it's 50 cal a tbsp I heard. GROSSSSSSSSSS!
  • Dkp1611
    Dkp1611 Posts: 16
    Options
    LOL....this is great.

I am going to wear the chest strap and monitor next time. I think we should start a new forum called HRM-Inter. We should all record what our HR and burn numbers were for the session. To avoid embarrassment, I will not post duration.

I totally agree!
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    Here is a link that I use to help me determine my calorie burn. Sex is on there. It asks your weight and how long. I would definitely count it since you might be burning under your calories. You dont want to be under 1200. http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links/calculators/calorie_calculator.htm
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    And just a word on being under 1200 calories. I enjoy being under 1200 calories. It happens regularly. My weight loss has been awesome, my muscles are intact, and I feel like I am running clean.

If you are trying to bulk up, you can't go this low on calories. If you are trying to cut down, you can. Eat varied fruits and veges, take vitamins, drink lots of water, and exercise. Give yourself a day here and there that you can go over on your calories, your body will thank you for it.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    LOL....this is great.

Hahaha! You have to post duration ding-dong!
  • kenmiller75
    kenmiller75 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Here is a link that I use to help me determine my calorie burn. Sex is on there. It asks your weight and how long. I would definitely count it since you might be burning under your calories. You dont want to be under 1200. http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links/calculators/calorie_calculator.htm

I checked out this website and it seemed odd to me some of the exercises they had on there and how few calories they burned. Sex was low on the list at 79 calories for someone weighing 220 lbs @ 30 mins. The site also listed housecleaning (185) and gardening (238) higher than weight training, general (158). I wonder how accurate these numbers are.

Thanks for the link though.
  • aaronfahs326
    Options
    i believe when i looked it up before for like 15 mins of moderate sexual activilty you only burn >5 calories! its ridicolous! you would think it would burn more... but it doesnt :grumble:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    it burns hardly any calories despite how great you or he thinks you are...not worth counting ( though depending on your rating on the freaky scale, you may want to log those calorie free proteins you ingested)

GROSS- about the calorie free proteins..by the way..it's 50 cal a tbsp I heard. GROSSSSSSSSSS!

I'm totally grossed out right now. Must....stop....reading
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options

In the MFP database its listed as 5 calories for 1 ejaculation.....just sayin
  • MissMoxy08
    MissMoxy08 Posts: 32
    Options
    I remember reading in one of my health magazines recently that sex can burn anywhere from 85 to about 250 calories. Of course depending on if you're doing missionary or the human chandelier and if you're just rolling around on the bed or throwing people against walls.
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    OMG I tried it in my journal today after a exhausting long session. I'm guessing yes, it is at least 30 calories every 15 minutes, I bet it's more.
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Are we talkin' lunch break or all-nighter?

LMAO! :laugh:
  • MissMoxy08
    MissMoxy08 Posts: 32
    Options
    Oh and P.S. Apparently there is an Iphone app that's suppose to measure your sex activity. You open the app and leave the phone on the bed and it measure by how much the bed moves and tells you how many calories you burned and I think a couple of other things. I saw it on The Doctors but they said they weren't sure how accurate it was.
  • katberz
    katberz Posts: 123
    Options
    Its just part of normal daily activity in my opinion.

Normal daily activity?! I'm lucky if it's once a month!!
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options

In the MFP database its listed as 5 calories for 1 ejaculation.....just sayin

hahah this is the best thing that i have ready today. if you can count cleaning and gardening in your weight loss why not add sexin make it a work out throw in some power squats and some yoga stretches. and afterwards walk the dog together after cuddles or course. its bonding all around.
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i did wear my HRM one night, just to see :wink: and for 30 minutes of foreplay and sex i only burned about 50 calories. so unless you are extremely acrobatic during your sessions i don't think it will be enough to log it .
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Yall are killing me!!! Too Damn Funny!!!