Great Animal Names

Options
rblevins48
rblevins48 Posts: 21 Member
We have a brand new baby puppy. We are unable to come up with a good name. He is a Mastiff/ Boxer mix. Do you have any suggestions? And what is your dogs name?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My next dog will be an English bulldog named Mycroft. Growing up, most of our dogs names were boring (Jessie, Libby, Molly) except for the Basset Hound named Obi, short for Obi Wan Ben Kenobi.

• abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I´m a catperson. Love dogs if they belong to others. Can´t be bothered with the walking, barking and farting of dogs... :D:D:D Osborne is a great name for a male dog!!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    abelcat1 wrote: »
    I´m a catperson. Love dogs if they belong to others. Can´t be bothered with the walking, barking and farting of dogs... :D:D:D Osborne is a great name for a male dog!!!

I'm a cat person, my two are Monster (because she's a raging B word) and Grace (because she doesn't have any. Cats are supposed to land on their feet, yes?... no.)
  • baby_firefly_666
    baby_firefly_666 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I like the names Ozzy or Lemmy
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    abelcat1 wrote: »

I'm a cat person, my two are Monster (because she's a raging B word) and Grace (because she doesn't have any. Cat's are supposed to land on their feet, yes?... no.)

Yes.. supposedly cats land on their feet. And aren´t cats supposed to miav? Mine can´t... :p she is kind of mute with a rare noice of *piv* hehe.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Max (it's a strong big boys name)
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Dave. Dave is the best dog's name ever.
    Last dog was called Bob (second best dog's name ever)
  • elixile
    elixile Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My next dog will be an English bulldog named Mycroft.

Winner!
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Brutus.
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Our dogs name is Remington Wilbur. We always give them middle names. I always wanted an English Bulldog I was going to name Brutus Leroy.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I have four dogs. Jasmine, Jasper, Danny and Castle.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Rex
  • turkeytrotter
    turkeytrotter Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hyka
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    Dave. Dave is the best dog's name ever.
    Last dog was called Bob (second best dog's name ever)

We had an Old English Sheepdog name Bob. My husband is Dave, so we couldn't use that for the puppy too...but it is a pretty cool dog name.

Usually I prefer people names for pets...it's the perfect opportunity to use names you love but wouldn't saddle a child with.
  • Poohbly
    Poohbly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pick a namesake. Favourite band? musician? actor? movie? Remember, whatever you pick you will be screaming across a neighbourhood one day to call him back, so pick something classy!
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Kitty - why not create confusion?? LOL

3 dogs- Trixie ( Little Boo), Lucy ( Goose), and Kemper (Kempy John Jones). I don't know why we choose names - we always default to the nicknames.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    My cat is Kitty Effin' Powers after Kenny Powers from Eastbound and Down, they had undeniably similar personalities. My dog is Major Babe, because she is a Major Babe.
  • kamber13
    kamber13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My Old English Bulldogge is named Kane. I have another dog named Wellington. Previous dogs I've owned were named Henry, George, and Brisbane.... Good luck!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    We have a mutt (part boxer, part amstaff, part spaniel and a whole lot of other questionable heritage) named Woolos. We inherited the name with the dog. He's named after the Welsh warrior king Saint Woolos. It's a rather fancy name for a not very fancy dog. We actually mostly call him Bubba, Bubby, Shrimp (after Bubba Gump's Shrimp Shack and the fact he can arch his neck and back into the weirdest shapes--like a shrimp) and Wooly. I think if I had a boxer I would name him Jack, after Jack Dempsey.