410 to 250 skin..

Options
Romyarts2014
Romyarts2014 Posts: 201 Member
Hey guys, ( just know there are some uncomfortable things in this story and sorry if some words are weird. I'm on my smart phone and it lovvves autocorrect)

I can not seem to upload before and afters.
I started last year at 410 pounds I am now around 250.

The last time I was 250 was when I was 13 years old outweighing my dad. I never understood why I was not strong enough to lose the weight.
When I was 14 my father and mother got me the lapband. But I still was not ready, I overstuffed my tubes found ways to get calories through and had to have emergency surgery to get the lapband taken out after it slipped.

My parents got divorced a time after. I got so depressed and my family started shutting me out. Food was my best friend, i would even sneak it into the school bathrooms.

I got so lonely and depressed. I started hanging with the wrong people at school.
It led me to being gang raped at 15 with my best friend. After that I just went crazy , it's like a part of me left. I ate more and more, which meant more bullying at school. I would do bad things in school to be cool to have others look away from me being fat. But I was always the fat girl. It got so bad that I had to drop out of school. I kept hanging with the wrong crew. Me and my homegirl left our parents house and decided to go on our own (at 16) my parents loved me so much I just didn't see that they were stuck in there own world of hurt.

Me and her everyday rented a hotel and we started with prostitution. We were in Dallas at the time ( I now live in Europe which is were I was born but I was raised in dallas)

I wanted to stop reached out to my dad but he had left back to Europe. My green card expired I was illegal. I was broke underage no way to work so I kept prostitution. Kept eating kept punishing myself.

Until one day I woke up in my hotel. I had been through everything. Me and my friend were raped and kidnapped, guns to our head, no food for days . Everything has happened.

And I'm sure everyone is wondering why I'm telling you all this.

When I finally decided I wanted out of that life I decided to move to Holland start a new. Life clean slate. And I did! It was hard, took so much ... but I got on that plane..

2 years now I have been in Holland.
And got myself straight my mind .
I gave up on myself.

I met this man a year ago. And when I met him it's like my life just turned around. I wasn't focused on food. We would go hiking every day he would show me new things and it wasn't for my weight we just went because it's so beautiful here and he loved it so I tried. And weight just started falling. One morning I got on the scare and saw I was in the 2s. I was so shocked I didn't try I didn't do a weird diet. I just changed my life.

I started talking to a lot of women who were overweight asked why
Lots say I love food
I have so much time on my hands
I am a emotional eater
I don't know what to eat.

Everyone faces there own battles in life everyone had skeletons and secrets. But you need to dig those out. Find out why you are so sad. Because that is why you are eating
It's all a emotional game

Get happy with life and get happy with yourself. Only my close friends and family know about what I told you guys! But it's a important message.

If you don't like which direction your life is going in or if there is something eating away at you fix it. Spend time with yourself reallly spend time with yourself. I spent my first year just getting to know myself. I look at myself now and can't imagine the person I was && the things I did. I will never forget the things that I did and happened to me. But I can change my future.

I am 22 now. Have a loving husband and two step kids.
I am happy
I am happy
I am happy
And yes there are days that are a struggle but just remember that you are what matters

Why dwell over things in this beautiful world. All the things to see all the things to do.
Be healthy... It feels so gooood

I do notice a lot of skin and would be more than happy to share it with you girls

Lose skin or not I'm beautiful.
I have chicken arms that clap every time I put a shirt on
I have thighs that droop and my boobs look like deflated air balloons when I lay down.
But my hubby loves my body and so do I.

No one has a perfect body
Everyone hates things about themselves

You can do it !
Thanks for listening

Replies

• MommyAguirre
    MommyAguirre Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thats so great that you can go through so much and come out on top Happy and brave! Happiness comes from within! wish you the best :)
  • Poohbly
    Poohbly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Everytime I see an overweight person I always think to myself how sad they (we) must be. Like you I understand that being overweight is not losing will power, it is numbing reality. People think that food brings them happiness, when really only they can make themselves happy. Forgive yourselves, forgive who has hurt you and if you need to, get them away from you. Move on and become the happy beautiful person you were meant to be...just like Romyarts2014.
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    So glad you shared that story. Good for you. You made it!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you went through so much so young. I wish you the best in the rest of your journey.
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    Poohbly wrote: »
    Everytime I see an overweight person I always think to myself how sad they (we) must be. Like you I understand that being overweight is not losing will power, it is numbing reality. People think that food brings them happiness, when really only they can make themselves happy. Forgive yourselves, forgive who has hurt you and if you need to, get them away from you. Move on and become the happy beautiful person you were meant to be...just like Romyarts2014.

Thanks girls
    And yes this is why I shared my story
    women need to know it's underlining. Fix your emotional barrier or whatever is mentally blocking you and it will all fall into place!
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an incredible story. My goodness, you are so brave!! I am so happy to hear that you are doing well despite what you've been through. You are a strong woman and you should be proud. You are inspiring so many people right now, even those that just stop to read but don't comment.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You are so, so courageous. Thank you for sharing. I am so glad you now have a life of love and that your trauma hasn't prevented you from getting healthier and happier. Your words are wise.
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    Thanks for all the sweet comments! I really hope I can get through to someone out there. Hoping to help anyone. If you need a friend or advice or anything message me.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Amazing courage!
  • VioletLemon
    VioletLemon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    wonderful story!! Someone posted above about fat people being unhappy- but in my case I am pretty happy- when I started this app 2 weeks ago I was 350 lbs and today Im 344- I have a long way to go but the only thing that ever made me unhappy was when I started to get out of breath doing certain things- The lightbulb finally went off and I joined the YMCA and have a coach. Im 3 weeks in there and love all the variety there and mostly swimming!! I have loads of thin friends who are unhappy!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    You have gone through so much and have come so far! You are an amazing, beautiful woman!
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    wonderful story!! Someone posted above about fat people being unhappy- but in my case I am pretty happy- when I started this app 2 weeks ago I was 350 lbs and today Im 344- I have a long way to go but the only thing that ever made me unhappy was when I started to get out of breath doing certain things- The lightbulb finally went off and I joined the YMCA and have a coach. Im 3 weeks in there and love all the variety there and mostly swimming!! I have loads of thin friends who are unhappy!

Of course there are skinny women out there to that are depressed. But I just think that the root of a eating disorder has to come from some were. There's always a underlining issue. & if you are happy in your life than that is wonderful and good job taking next steps to a healthier lifestyle.
    I'm happy now as well, and I'm still overweight ! But I sorted through my mental issues . Because I knew my life was worth it.
    Food is good no doubt
    I still eat some chips here and there
    Or burgers and pizza it's just all in moderation.
    when I was depressed I would go to 2 different drive thrus for breakfast lunch and dinner and than I would have hella snacks and juices and sodas.
    food is good it's not bad for you its just the amount you intake.

At the end of the day it's your mind telling you to go get that extra piece of cake. Switch it of. You don't need it! Go for a hike with yourself some music. You need to find out who you are and what you want or else life changes will never accure.

Just my opinion , it just worked with Mr
    Changed my life
    Found piece and clarity and forgave myself for everything.

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you on the rest of your journey, thanks for sharing your story!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats you made it
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    @Romyarts2014
    Thanking for sharing...this is beautiful...and incredibly inspiring <3
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wow crazy! It s beautiful you are on the other side and you are telling this. You are strong and sthanks for sharing :-) rock on.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!