Hi! Looking for friends that are on the journey to lose 100+ pounds.

Options
2»

Replies

• wvclaylady
    wvclaylady Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimberly! Congrats on a great start! I am amazed at the changes you made. You must have a very strong will power! I am not technically new to myfitnesspal, but I am just getting started. I have about 110 lbs to lose, and since I'm just starting, I don't have any pounds lost to brag about. I have never really had a problem with overeating. Well, I guess I must have, or I wouldn't be in this situation, but it's been more fatty or sugary foods, as opposed to eating large amounts. My big problem is not getting any exercise, so I'm going to start walking, and try to drink more water instead of diet pepsi. It's a bit scary, because I'm so out of shape that I may not be able to walk fast or far at first, but I know I can work up to it! One of my favorite motivational quotes is, "You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great." So, here I go, like The Little Engine That Could... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! LOL Keep up the great work! ~Shannon~
  • Cowboyzfan82288
    Cowboyzfan82288 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and best wishes on your continued
  • Cowboyzfan82288
    Cowboyzfan82288 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

wvclaylady wrote: »
    Hi Kimberly! Congrats on a great start! I am amazed at the changes you made. You must have a very strong will power! I am not technically new to myfitnesspal, but I am just getting started. I have about 110 lbs to lose, and since I'm just starting, I don't have any pounds lost to brag about. I have never really had a problem with overeating. Well, I guess I must have, or I wouldn't be in this situation, but it's been more fatty or sugary foods, as opposed to eating large amounts. My big problem is not getting any exercise, so I'm going to start walking, and try to drink more water instead of diet pepsi. It's a bit scary, because I'm so out of shape that I may not be able to walk fast or far at first, but I know I can work up to it! One of my favorite motivational quotes is, "You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great." So, here I go, like The Little Engine That Could... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! LOL Keep up the great work! ~Shannon~
  • soozquu
    soozquu Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have over 100 to lose as well.
  • kintagliata513
    kintagliata513 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the support and responses! Reading your comments about your journey is very encouraging! Prepping food is the hardest part for me, but also the only thing that keeps me on track! I also think my biggest challenge, which I have not mastered yet, is getting up early in the mornings. Anyone have feedback on those? Thanks again everyone!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I prepare my morning breakfast in pre-weighed baggies so they are grab and go. Believe it or not 1 ounce of walnuts and 8 ounces of strawberries fills me up. It's also easy to eat in the car as I drive to work. I also drink 16 ounces of water on the way to work as well.
  • rwat77
    rwat77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am starting again today and have around 135 pounds to lose. Anyone please feel free to add me. I hope you all have a great day!
  • nowisthet1me
    nowisthet1me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time getting up early in the morning as well. I eat instant oatmeal for breakfast. I don't like to prep food either, but I agree it is what keeps me on track. I found bagged salads at Publix that come with toppings and dressing. I am going to try one for lunch today.
  • faithfulheathergirl
    faithfulheathergirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have 120 to lose. I'm so determined to accomplish this! If anyone would like to add me as a friend I'd love to have more motivational interaction on here. I've been away from myfitnesspal fire a while,
  • jfar3
    jfar3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    43 lbs lost is great. You are welcome to add me. I started out at 335 lbs. in 10/2014. It is coming off slowly. I now weigh 294 and still have 145 to lose.
  • gabbykknight
    gabbykknight Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello to all! I am just beginning...(again). Never used community support before so hopefully this will be my motivation to keep me going forward...not forward for awhile then backwards. :)
  • ActiveWifeMom
    ActiveWifeMom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am looking for friends on here. I am looking to lose 100 pounds! Trying not to pay attention to the scale and just eating healthy, meal prepping, and daily exercise. Good luck to everyone here and if anyone would like to add me I will accept! B)
  • juhleeahx19
    juhleeahx19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one using this for losing 150 lbs. so far I lost 9 lbs in 14 days, which is super awesome! But it's always showing me what I'm eating, and how to change that. Plus I'm getting my active was back-- which thank goodness! I went from being a dual sport athlete 365 days to absolutely nothing.

Sent out friend requests! Gotta be a team! Every Fruit or veggie you grab instead of a candy bar is a total win!
  • mmoore154
    mmoore154 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress. I too am on a 100+ weight lost journey. I am on the second week of my journey. You sound like you are well on your way.i wish you and everyone else much success and hope everyone reaches their goal.